Premed 101 Forums

Current UofC Students

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

I know the curriculum is changing somewhat, but what time are you usually finished school each day?

Some choose to stay later at school to study etc. but what time are you actually able to leave and not miss any classes or small groups etc.?

Does everyone do small groups at the same time or does it depend on your preceptors schedule?

This is what I know......Monday mornings are off and Friday afternoons are off. What time are you finished on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs....?????

Mostly concerned with the first year and my child care options since I will need to start looking into it now, even before I find out if I'm accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

Thanks for your help!

Guest Win2002

the days we're in lecture/small group in the afternoon we go from 1:30-5:30 pm.

depending on your physical exam and clinical core preceptors you might get stuck a bit later at school once in awhile as well (i have PE today from 5:30-7:30 argh)

Guest happy2bme

When you have to stay later for classes such as PE, how much notice do you usually get? Are these class times given out at the beginning of the block or can they only give you a weeks notice?

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

First off, the half days off differ between first and second year. Also, in terms of scheduling, although the lecture and medium group times are the same for everyone, (and the latter are mandatory for attendance) the small group times vary depending on when your group leader schedules them and your preceptor's schedule. So overall, the time off is quite variable.

Regarding the scheduling for Physical Exam, again, it is very preceptor dependent. Same goes for Integrative I and II which appear at the ends of first and second year.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived