Premed 101 Forums

how many interviews this year??

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

my math gives me 4 groups of 9 people(I think there was supposed to be 9 per group) ran for 4 sessions per day, with 2 interview days. 288 interviews. Actually my group only had 8 people. So 287.

However, the website stated around 85 OOP and 225IP =310

Does anyone know exactly how many people were interviewed this year, OOP?, IP?

Of course this assumes that they run 9 people or less per track on the next interview date. They might be running 10 per track next time for an additional 16 people =303 interviews.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Adele told me 144 per day, on two days, making 288. She was doing this while she had erased my name to reschedule me in a different time (I was moving to accomodate another), and warned me not to leave until she wrote my name back in, because if the phone rang first, she'd probably forget to put me back on. :lol Adele likes to joke about her "old age," but I've honestly never met anyone who can remember so many people's names after only ever meeting them once.

BTW, I think that's for in and out of province combined too. Makes better odds this year!

Guest happy2bme

I wonder if they interviewed the full 85 for OOP. The OOP waitlist moved alot last year so they probably cut their interview numbers close to that... making roughly 200 interviewed for IP. not bad, not bad......

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lurkergonepublic

Here's the link to that earlier quote for the skeptics like me:

www.ucalgary.ca/news/march06/more-spaces.html

I calculate that 52% of in province interviewees (assuming a full 85oop interviews were done, and they still get 15% of seats) will get an offer. Plus some of those will also get offers at UofA, or out of province, so it does look good this year!

Guest Stalin

To the comment about the lecture theatre? Who @#%$ cares (don't mean to insult you). The med school would make people stand or bring in a few extra chairs. Alberta is so rich. The baby boomers want doctors because they are getting old and fat, so there shall be more spots at u of c.

Archived