Premed 101 Forums

Scoring of Applications Post Interview

Guest medsmurf

Guest medsmurf

Admissions has updated their website to give the breakdown for the final scoring of applications.

Pre-interview score = 40%

MMI = 40%

Essay = 12% (I'm assuming this is the on-site essay)

I guess the remaining 8% is to be used at their discretion.

I can't believe the on-site essay is worth so much.

Guest happy2bme

Seriously my essay this year was nothing special, much better last year. Also I found it more difficult because I think we were given the entire booklet not just the 3 pages. I could have used that extra page!! 12% is too high it should be more in the 5-7% range. ahh @#%$. So much for "don't worry about the essay"

Come one MMI interviewers, please tell me I rocked!!!!

Guest jgray2

so if you do all the right number crunching, your reference letters accounted for all of 2% of your final score, as did your application essays. so what's the moral of the story? don't spend time on securing good references (your co-worker at mcdonalds ten years ago would probably save you the hassle of e-mailing your profs!). also, you need not spell check your essay. in fact, you can copy your essay straight off of the label of any chef boyardee can.

unless, of course, this is where that magical 8% comes into play. this explanation has my vote, at least.

Guest faithnomore

I think the people who didn't get interviews are now able to see their pre-interview scores. Does anyone know if this is an option for those who did get interviews? If so, where do you need to go?

Don't mean to be pessimistic, but if there's a glaring weakness in my application I might need to start working on it now.

Also I'm curious.

Guest CrazyKath

Every aspect of everyone's application is accessible under the Freedom of Information act.

There may be a fee, but you can request copies of all of your scores/ your entire file.

~K~

Yikes...yea, so much for the theories on the on-site essay. I'm glad I liked mine, but whoa. Here's hoping that MMI went ok!!

"In accordance with other Western Medical Schools..." So they must all be coordinating things?

well i wish i had taken the essay more seriously. I thought it was only worth like 5 % so i wrote a funny one.....ahhh @#%$....oh well, here's hoping they find it refreshing. Anyone know how they let us know...whether its by e-mail or regular post?

Guest try2dstress

is it really true that the highest and lowest scores of the MMI are dropped? This could be really good news...there's one station that I am particularly keen to forget :b

Archived