Premed 101 Forums

Application Deadline Time?!

Guest geekpunk

Guest geekpunk

So I'm currently scrambling to finish this Calgary app that's due tommorow (November 1st). But what is the time it's due at? I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it tonight by midnight. I'll probably have to work on it tommorow! All other documents are "received". Is submitting it anytime tomorow fine?!

Thanks,

GP

I think it's due by midnight tommorow, but don't quote me on it.

I have a question too: have any past applicants had their references arrive 1-2 days late and still get an interview? My refs still haven't been rec'd and I'm a little nervous.

TIA!

Guest geekpunk

Sorry again, just to clarify, so it's due by midnight TOMMOROW? As in, 12:00am as it becomes November 2nd? That'd be great, cause it definetly doesn't look like I'll be finished by tonight at midnight (as it becomes Nov 1st), or else I'll just have to submit some half-assed essays.

Aaaaahh! Is anybody out there who can reply?!? Only like 3 hours until midnight! I wish this board was as active as SDN where you post a thread and there's about 20 replies in a few hours. :P

Guest Isoceles

hmm.. I'm really not sure which deadline time is right (thought I highly doubt it's tonight at midnight, and suspect it is SOME time tomorrow). BUT, if it IS midnight you do still have 5 hours Calgary time (which it is probably on). Small consolation I know. :\ G'luck!

Guest geekpunk

Woohoo, Calgary is done done done!

I said "to hell with it" and just submitted my app even though my 1st essay was only about 35 lines! Whatever. I thought I got my point across and everything else was fine. Only worth a lousy 5% anyway :P

Hi everyone,

I was just finishing up my app tonight and noticed that this yellow box was added on the index page around midnight:

ALERT

Please ensure that all of the application is complete and that all of the necessary documents have been sent in. You Must Submit Your Completed Application

By 11:59pm (Mountain Standard Time) On

NOVEMBER 15, 2005

Does anybody else have this? November 15th?! This is probably a typo.....right? Weird! Of course, I'm not taking any chances, but it's a little shocking.

Okay, just submitted my app and noticed something else. On the "Application Submitted" page that comes up, it reads: "All supporting documents (three letters of reference, all official transcripts and official MCAT scores) must be received by the Office of Admissions by January 4, 2006."

January 4th??? Where is this coming from? Do they just make a lot of typos or have I seriously been stressing over ref letters for nothing?

I have talked to the admissions office at Calgary, and the online application is due on November 1st (today) at midnight. The November 15th deadline that was posted on the application last night is wrong. They will not accept late applications.

Archived