Premed 101 Forums

Calgary Admissions

Guest EGral

I was just wondering if anyone could explain Calgary's MCAt requirement for OOP's. I read on their website that if we want them ti consider more than one set of MCAT's, we must inform them. What exactly does this mean? Will they, for example, use my BS score of 13 from Aug.'05 and my VR score of 12 from Aug."04, since it is higher than my VR score this year? If so, how do you inform them (i.e. formal letter, essay, email, call, etc...)? Thanks for your help!

Guest happy2bme

There is an admissions email and telephone # on the website. You need to contact them to see it if that is their policy for the alogrithm. That would be fantastic if they would combine them for you! Good luck.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Yes, it sounds as though Calgary is still allowing students to specify a combination of MCAT scores from more than one test sitting. If you'd like to exercise this option you need to contact Admissions (via e-mail would probably suffice) to let them know which test sittings/years you would like to have appear on your application.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Elaine I

I believe (though I'm at work right now and can't confirm) that you can enter up to two sets of MCAT marks into the Calgary application. I am asking for my BS and PS sections from last year, but my VR and WS sections from this year to be considered. I think I simply entered both scores.

Elaine

I did enter both scores as well but I wanted to make sure that I didn't have to formally contact them about it because that is what there frequently asked questions suggests or atleast that is how I interpreted it to mean. Thanks.

Archived