Premed 101 Forums

Local computer store recommendations

Guest squeegy80

Guest squeegy80

Hey guys,

Hopefully some of you tech savvy people will be able to recommend a good computer store in Calgary, preferably close to Foothills (but I'm not too picky)?

I'm looking to build a custom desktop, and I'd hate to go without a computer for a week when I get into Calgary (I'll already be without phone for 6 days!!).

Thanks for any help!

squeegy

Guest fizzicyst

I think someone in our class builds systems on the side... I seem to remember him having posted before the boards got all screwed up.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

Indeed, there is someone in our class who builds computers on the side, and was helping a classmate by building her a machine. If you can wait until potentially hooking up with him around O-week, he might be willing to build you a computer, or provide you with some advice, at least.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest squeegy80

Thanks for the responses!

Hopefully I'll be purchasing my system before O-week but if not I'll definitely seek the help of this student you speak of.

Thanks for the link Lorae, I'll check that store out right away!

squeegy

Guest marbledust

I have a small hobby building systems on the side and get most of my stuff from either Memory Express or Computer Rack. Both are great places, but neither is all that close to the Foothills. From my own meanderings through Calgary computer stores, these two places are the best by far in terms of cost, service, and ability to order in custom parts.

Guest squeegy80

Looks like those 3 places are all about equidistant from Foothills, about a 20 minute drive. Should be ok.

I guess I'll try Memory Express first then since I have 2 recommendations for them.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Archived