Premed 101 Forums

Paid Interview Prep-- Is it Worth?

Hi there, 

I have my interview on March 1st for the MPI. I had an interview last year and was waitlisted post-interview. I really want to improve myself even more this year during the interview this year. I have been looking on-line and some of the practice coaching (**DELETED**, Astroff, etc.) are outrageously priced, but I was wondering if anyone has paid for any interview prep (specifically for the MPI please as it is my only interview) and felt as though it was worth paying for? Or is it mostly just things you could do alone? Thank you for the help as I am not sure what to do to improve myself! :)

Hey FingersCrossedPls,

It really depends on your interview skills. If you aren't a strong interviewer in general, then receiving coaching can definitely help. Personally I agree the professional prep companies are outrageously priced and are introducing yet another major source of inequity in the whole admissions process. I do however think it can help to get some feedback and to go through a mock session with a current med student to help polish your skills. There ARE reasonably priced options out there, PM me for more info!

23 hours ago, FingersCrossedPls said:

Hi there, 

I have my interview on March 1st for the MPI. I had an interview last year and was waitlisted post-interview. I really want to improve myself even more this year during the interview this year. I have been looking on-line and some of the practice coaching (**DELETED**, Astroff, etc.) are outrageously priced, but I was wondering if anyone has paid for any interview prep (specifically for the MPI please as it is my only interview) and felt as though it was worth paying for? Or is it mostly just things you could do alone? Thank you for the help as I am not sure what to do to improve myself! :)

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to mention that company's name where it says **DELETED**!! I did not know that was against the rules. My appologies

23 hours ago, bonezMD said:

Hey FingersCrossedPls,

It really depends on your interview skills. If you aren't a strong interviewer in general, then receiving coaching can definitely help. Personally I agree the professional prep companies are outrageously priced and are introducing yet another major source of inequity in the whole admissions process. I do however think it can help to get some feedback and to go through a mock session with a current med student to help polish your skills. There ARE reasonably priced options out there, PM me for more info!

Awesome, I completely agree. I have PM'd you! :)