Premed 101 Forums

ethics of genetic engineering

Guest SaraKJ

Guest SaraKJ

Hello every one,

I wish the best luck to all of you who are heading for the challenge of interviews. Also, I would like to thank all the current med studuents for their best support and their informative in put. Following are 2 questions that I would really like to get some more ideas. Please post your thoughts.

Thanks

Sara

1: How would you solve the problem of lack of healthcare in Inuit Communities?

2. What do you think of the ethics of genetic engineering?

Guest BCSarah

I don't want this to come across as rude, and apologies to classmates of mine who may disagree, but to me these are questions that are not really appropriate anymore. We're here to tell you about Queen's, about Kingston, about the interview process - and we're MORE than willing to help in those regards. But we're not here to come up with answers for your interview questions... Look up the relevant issues, add your own thoughts, and come up with your own independent opinion.

I really don't want this to seem mean, but in my opinion, we shouldn't have to come up with these answers for you.

Guest peachy

I just wanted to add that it's pretty common on this site for there to be lively discussions of various ethical issues. Most of the time the participants are med school applicants who participate in the discussions as a way to prepare for interviews, and aren't really looking for med students to jump in and give them the 'right' answer. In this particular case, this thread was posted twice: once in the interviews forum where it belongs, and a second time here. As such, the Queen's mods may wish to delete this thread.

Guest jaegwon

Hi SaraKJ - when I first read you original post, I thought you were addressing your questions to current med students...after re-reading it, I see that you were thanking the med students and then attempting to open a discussion...right? The juxtaposition of those two sentences may have caused the confusion/controversy; it did for me at least. :)

Archived