Premed 101 Forums

Are You Excited?

Guest little endian

Guest little endian

I was just wondering how people are feeling about the upcoming interview weekend next weekend? Are you planning on going to all/some/none of the interview weekend events? Are you feeling nervous/confident/nauseated/bored? Are you worried about getting there and how to find the place?

This forum seems pretty quiet for so close to interview weekend #1!

This will be my first meds interview, so I'm definitely feeling nervous. I'm still debating over whether I should drive to Kingston the day of the interview (for my 1pm interview) or just come down the night before to meet some of the class of 09.

I still have one week to prepare for this interview... hopefully the nerves will settle down by then! Goodluck to everyone interviewing next week!

Guest BCSarah

If I were you I would DEFINITELY come down the night before to meet some of our class. Getting to know students last year really sold me on coming here. Plus, when you see what a bunch of goofs we are, it will give you loads of confidence for your interview! I know meeting the '08's certainly helped me.... ;)

But seriously, take part in as much of the weekend as you can - the more you know about the school and the people here, the easier it will be for you to decide whether Queens is the right fit for you. Why skip the fun stuff and JUST go to your interview? Martini's bring good luck.

Sarah is right. Taking part in the weekend events is what sold me on the school. You'll get to meet the awesome 2009 class! Plus, if you're trekking to K-town anyway, you may as well check out the city and some of the school while you're here. Just don't drink too much the night before your interview.

Sarah and ET, you both make great points. I think I'll come down the day before so I can check out the school, as well as the martini party ;)

Thanks for the advice...see you next weekend!

Guest uftstudent

my interview's not till the end of march...and i'm pretty nervous already. Especially since i'm so busy with midterms right now...I don't think i'll have much time to "prepare." Hmmm...and since i've heard they ask about what you've been reading i suppose it'd be a good idea to fit in a novel...

Despite the nerves, I'm of course excited for this interview (first ever!!) and would love to meet the class of 2009...but I won't be able to make it till the day of the interview:\

How is everyone else preparing along with school?

Archived