Premed 101 Forums

most recent two years

Guest pebbles81

Guest pebbles81

Hi

I was just wondering, does it matter how many credits you've completed per year to have your last two years considered? Do you have to have 3.5 credits completed EVERY year (all four years) in order to have your last two years considered, or do you only need 3.5 credits in those most recent two years? So if you're applying in your fourth year, then will Queen's look at your second and third year, where you must have 3.5 credits in both of these years (second and third), or will the look at these two years only if you've completed 3.5 credits in your first, second, and third year????

I completed 3 credits in my first year, 4 in my second and I'm planning on doing 5 in my third, but I really need queen's to look at my most recent two years, since my first year was TERRIBLE. BUt, I hope taking 3 credits and not 3.5 in my first year doesn't mean that they won't look at my most recent two years.

Can someone please let me know, if they are confident, whether Queen's considers your most recent two years only if you've completed 3.5 credits in those two years, or do they consider your most recent two years if you've completed 3.5 credits EVERYY year.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Guest Elaine I

Queen's will consider your last two years if they are completed at the time of your application, and if they have at least 3.5 courses each. Your course loads in previous years do not matter (provided you will have 15 courses done before starting med school/the summer previous - not sure what the deadline is).

Elaine

Archived