Premed 101 Forums

Toronto Gathering for Class of 2009!

Guest sultan of slings

Guest sultan of slings

Hi All,

Anyone from the Toronto area interested in getting together for a few drinks after work on Thursday (July 21)? A few of us will be meeting at the Casey's just west of Union Station at around 6.

If you can make it we'd love to meet you then!!

Guest grover

I won't be able to make it on Thursday, but I'll be home as of next Tuesday, and then maybe I can have a BBQ at my house or something that week or the following one? (open, of course, to anyone who wants to come, although I guess it'll be easier for those in the GTA . . . sorry :\ )

Does that sound interesting to anyone?

Thanks guys :)

Amy

Guest grover

Yeah, do both! Don't wait on my account :b We can have a few get-togethers like this over the summer in Toronto, and maybe at the end of august/early September in Kingston to meet all the non-Torontonians :D Go, have fun!

Guest sultan of slings

Wow,

I'm liking the response so far!!

I've made a reservation for 15 (?!?) at Casey's under the Class of 2009 for 6:30.

Here's the address:

123 Front Street West

Toronto, Ontario

M5J 2M2

Phone: 416-955-4550

If a bunch of people show up great, if it's just a few of us it will still be good. From what I've heard we have about 5 or 6 now.

Looking forward to it!!

Guest tapdancing gal

I'd love to come, but I can only stay til 7 (unless I skip out on my yoga class). Will anyone be there earlier than 6:30? I work

downtown and I'm not that keen on working right til 6.

Guest antissa

I had a great time at the dinner but I regret that I didn't get to talk to everyone, because of the somewhat restricted seating

Anyone up for a BBQ/pool party? I'm offering my backyard/pool, and I believe grover already offered hers as well, so either way, venue is not a problem

Guest grover

Glad you guys had fun! I can't wait to meet everyone! A BBQ sounds like a fabulous idea - do people want to do it before or after the long weekend? I'm around, but others might have extravagant cottage plans . . . :b

Guest ryan7672

hi everyone - I'm another torontonian (for the last four years, anyway) heading into queen's class of '09!

i'd love to meet up with people sometime - unfortunately this week is bad after wednesday, but if you plan something in a week or two keep us updated, because that would be a good time!

meet you all soon,

- ryan

Guest grover

Oops, so it sounds like this week might be too soon. How about next week? Would people mind during the week, like say Tuesday night (I'm a little excited to meet people :b ), or the Thursday tradition, or next Friday night so all the 9-5ers can party a little harder? Add your preference, we'll try to accomodate everyone because the more, the merrier!

Guest antissa

I've got one vote from Elisha for the Saturday or Sunday after the upcoming long weekend (Aug. 6, 7)

Is anyone NOT available on either of those dates?

Guest tapdancing gal

Unfortunately, I'm leaving on vacation for a week on the 6th (but the 5th is all good...). If you guys decide to do something before then, I'll be there. Otherwise, I guses I'll have to wait 'til Sept to see you all again =(. Thursday was great, I had such an amazing time! Thanks so much to everyone who helped put that together.

Guest antissa

Eep! Elisha said Fridays are no good for him, so it looks like we're looking at a Thursday again (4th)

Anyone else have conflicts? Speak up! We want everyone to be able to come

Guest ryan7672

unfortunately, next week i'm only available monday or tuesday evening (Aug 1/2), but don't change just for me - only if others find these days easier as well!

- Ryan

Guest grover

Well, how about the Tuesday then? Hopefully everyone will be back from the long weekend by then, and maybe we'll start earlyish (around 6 or 7ish, after work), so anyone that has to work the next day can still have a good time . . . :D We'll save the more hardcore partying for orientation week, when everyone can join in . . . :b How does that sound?

Guest grover

quick note . . . if anyone wants to come from outside Toronto, or a little farther in the GTA region, feel free! I have a spare bedroom and a pullout couch if anyone needs to crash :D I don't want anyone to feel left out!

Archived