Premed 101 Forums

Queen's waitlist moving

Guest Fourier Transformed

Guest Fourier Transformed

Hi everyone,

I just received an email from Anne Cumpson with an offer of admission.

(For those who are still waiting, there is about a 96% chance that the Queen's waitlist will get bumped up another spot. I have provisionally accepted my offer at McMaster because I hadn't decided between the two schools yet, but am leaning towards Mac right now. I'll make my final decision very soon)

Good luck!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest coleflower

I also got an emailed offer this morning. I will be accepting Queen's.

good luck to all those still waiting.

can't wait to meet the class!

Col

Guest sultan of slings

Congratulations on the great news!!

What time did these emails come out? I'm wondering if they were sent as a bulk batch, or individually.

(Still waiting!!)

Guest sultan of slings

Thanks for the reply medRJ and congrats again.

Wasn't my day for Queen's today.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot more activity on this thread today. Am I the only one checking this site religiously!?!:P

I would have thought a lot more people would have heard news after the June 15th acceptance deadline.

Back to the waiting now!!

Guest squeegy80

Hey all you waitlisters, good news here. I just got pulled off the Calgary waitlist today and will be withdrawing my provisional acceptance from Queen's, so hopefully one of you will hear soon!

Good luck!

squeegy

P.S. My decision to accept Calgary was mainly due to location, so nothing against Queen's.

Guest mosquitoba

i agree! congrats squeegy! i know you were hoping to end up in alberta somewhere! Have fun with that foosball table! :lol

mosquitoba

Guest MD Hammer

Oh my gosh guys!

I just got the e-mail as well!

I was not expecting to get off this waitlist, since I spent all last summer on one, last year!

I am so excited to be joining you in this first year class!

Good luck to everyone still waiting - don't give up and don't let waiting or rejection get you down - it's ironic, because last night over a heavy conversation with someone special in my life who is dealing with a recent diagnosis that is essentially changing the way she can live her life, I finally got some perspective and realized there are some things in life we cannot control, and we have to accept them - but unlike the thing that she is going through, there is always the perennial hope of next year, or next week off the waitlist, if things don't happen in the immediate future!

All the Best,

Hammer

Guest kaisermark

Just curious - is there anyone who's gotten western but is holding out for Queen's? Any particular reasons why Queen's is a better medschool for you than Western?

thx

Hey guys,

I got the email on wednesday as well. however this puts me in a conundrum. Both Queens and UofA are tied for my top choice school, and I got accepted to UofA right away. When I got waitlisted at Queens, the choice was easy. Now decisions have to be made. I hate thinking in the summer :P . Congrats to all those who also got in.

Guest Sunmoonandstar

I guess not all the offers go out in one batch, because I got one on Friday. So don't give up if you're on the list. I'm probably going to decline the offer in favour of Western, so there'll be one more spot opening up. Good luck everyone! :D

Guest fever meds

I recieved a scholarship at Manitoba. It would be really expensive to live in Queens for 4 years plus tuition. Plus my girl friend and family is here. Queens is a really great school. However I feel I can recieve the same education, and quality of clinical exposure here.

Guest seedstrike

Congrats Fever. I'm sure you'll have a great time in manitoba...and come out of medschool with a much heavier wallet than most of us.

Just got an email...1:40 PM Today

Taking it, was planning on going to queen's to finish off undergrad, but this is a definite turnaround from that plan.

Congrats and good luck to the waitlist.

Guest sultan of slings

Congrats ZCH!! You must be on cloud 9 now!

I was beginning to think that the waitlist had stopped moving. I hope that this isn't the last of it.

Will movement continue into next week? I'm assuming that the July 4th deadline for firm acceptances will be the last chance for anyone on the waitlist.

Guest flying kumquat

Things seem pretty quiet on the waitlist right now. Does anyone know when we can call in to find out our position on the waitlist?

Guest sultan of slings

I gave in and called the office today.

No one from admissions was around but I was told that the waitlist is still moving (I didn't ask how much it was moving) and that I could call back next week to get more information.

That's all I got!! (I wouldn't make much of a detective!)

Guest Its interview time

Hi guys

Get ready for a long post!!

I just received the email on June 28....i actually chekced the mail and found out on the 30th. I was in london and was gonna leave on the first to fly to india. I am on vacation rite now and I was started to get incredible depressed in london cause i had no idea what was happening on the waitlists. I felt a bit idiotic since i enjoyed 2 weeks in london and was going to india for 1.5 months!!! I would have nothing to do after i came back from my vacation, but now i got the incredible news!!!!! I am so happy! Now i can enjoy india without any worries.

Another thing, what is the best place to live? Does Queen's provide res for teh first year or do we have to arrange it ourselves?? And what are decent off-campus residences? How do I find roommates that I can surive a year with? Thanks in advance for replies. Take care.

Signing off from Bombay airport

AP

Guest seedstrike

Hi,

Congrats on the acceptance. I went through the same thing two years ago so I realize how frustrating waiting can be. That's all over now so enjoy your vacation.

As far as the question on housing, my class did a small FAQ for last year's class. Look at question number 3 for some help with finding accomodations in Kingston:

meds.queensu.ca/classof20...8/faq.html

Guest Isoceles

So it seems as if the waitlist is still moving pretty well. When I called Anne Cumpson today to inquire about my position on the waitlist, she told me that she could let me know if I was in the top 20 (I was not :\ ) who would be receiving offers shortly. Seems like a good sign that there are still that many going out. That said, I'm not sure how many people will be turning offers down at this stage in the game... ??

Archived