Premed 101 Forums

Queen's waitlist moving

Guest Fourier Transformed

Guest squeegy80

Congrats olgalina!!

As for questions about the package, I would definitely call Anne at the Admissions Office and find out directly from her.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MD Hammer

Congrats Olgalina!

If you e-mailed to take the offer, they will send out an initial acceptance package, containing an acceptance letter and two response forms to accept the offer, which go to both Queen's and OMSAS.

To accept the offer, you must send back the forms, as well as a copy of ID and a $1000 deposit to Queen's. When they receive that, they will then send out a more comprehensive acceptance package.

See you in September,

Hammer

Guest Napoleon Doctormite

Hiya,

I spoke with someone at the admissions office yesterday (July 26,) and she said that there may be some more movement on the waitlist next week (not this week because Ms. Cumpson is on vacation.) Hopefully some of us will get off the waitlist (I'm in the top 15,) and I'm glad to be able to take a break from checking my email incessantly for the long weekend! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Guest WoollySheep

Thanks for the info. Makes me happy... despite only being #24 at last check (yay, top 25!!) Keep turning down those offers, people! :rollin

P.S. I caught you a delicious bass 8o

Guest Isoceles

I just love you guys! Keeping the hope alive!!! Alright, I am up for finger crossing for at least another couple weeks... if it is meant to be, it will happen. ;)

Thanks for the update and the optimism. :)

Guest Isoceles

Alright, here is the Aug.2 update for anyone looking for some closure (or the last thin strands of hope :P ).

As of today, the class is technically full; there was an offer sent out for a spot today, so that person's answer has yet to come back.

There have been deferrals, but they are already processed (ie: those spots are already filled). There are no deferrals currently in process.

I am #10, and there are 3 people ahead of me who have acceptances at other schools, so I guess I am more likely #7. That has given me some closure... it's been a painful but exhilarating ride. I'll be back next year with gusto - in the meantime... I have alot of great things to do this year! :);)

Guest CareBear15

Good luck isoceles, way to keep positive... if meds is what you really want just keep on trying.

p.s. to Napoleon Doctormite - that is the best name ever!!

Archived