Premed 101 Forums

Queen's waitlist moving

Guest Fourier Transformed

Guest 0nsp

For you guys that are still waiting, here's some good news: One more spot should be coming your way. I've decided to stay at the UofA, but it was a really, really, really tough decision, because Queen's is such an awesome place. Good luck to you wait-listers, I was there last year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest breaker79

Hi everyone,

Well, the wait is over, thank God! I was offered a spot at Queen's off of the waitlist yesterday. Good luck to all of you still waiting; hopefully good news awaits.

breaker

Guest mosquitoba

I got in off the waitlist at Queen’s today. The email came around 9:00 am. I’m not sure if I’m going to accept yet… Queen’s was my first choice initially but I’ve also been accepted to Manitoba and Calgary… deciding between Manitoba and Queen’s hopefully by the end of tomorrow! I’m happy to have received the offer, but not looking forward to making this tough decision! :o

Congrats to all those accepted, and to those still waiting, best of luck!

Mosquitoba

Guest flying kumquat

I got the email this morning, too! Yay! :D

I had called Judy yesterday to see where I was on the waitlist. She said she could tell me if I was in the top 25, then came back and told me I was actually quite close and should expect to hear from her soon - I just didn't think it would be this soon!

This is such a relief after being rejected everywhere else, including my home university (grr Dal). I can't wait to meet everyone in September!

Guest antissa

I just got the email this morning too, postmarked 11 AM. Still shaking, can barely type. I was just about to start summer school today (I got in after third year) but I won't bother now :D

Guest nalbaqui

i called 'em today to find out what my position was, and guess what? Judy said she had JUST emailed me offering me a position! god, i am so happy :) leaving for the home country tomorrow, so won't be online for a while. but good luck to the rest of you, and can't wait to meet the class of 2009 this september!

Btw, for those of you who might have lost hope, an advice that really worked for me: turn to God. He will be there for you when nothing else seems right :) All praises go to Him.

Guest MD Hammer

Congrats guys! I can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

For those still waiting, don't give up hope - it seems like there is still significant movement on the list! I know how agonizing the wait can be, as I spent all of last summer on the list - hang in there! I am crossing my fingers for you guys!

Hammer

Guest yikes

Hey,

Does anyone know how many spots are left to be filled? Does the office send out offers every day, or is there a certain number of days that they wait in between offers to allow people to confirm? THanks!

Guest Jazzy B

I also called in yesterday to find out my spot on the waitlist and was told that I had been sent an e-mail earlier. I'm excited to be coming to Queen's and am glad to not have to wait any longer.

:hat

Guest mosquitoba

After tons of thinking and some really tough decision making, I've decided give my spot at Queen's up. Best of luck to all you 2009ers, and hope someone gets a good email on Monday!

Mosquitoba

Guest sultan of slings

Mosquitoba - I think I owe you a drink or something because good news from Queen's came in for me today.

For everyone still waiting - I was not on the top 25 list as of last Wednesday and had started to make alternative arrangements. The list seems to be moving a lot. There's still hope!!

Best of luck to everyone - I have to recover from my shock now!!

Guest mosquitoba

hey sultan! awesome! :rollin so happy for you - and sorry it took me so darn long to decide! queen's seemed awesome, and i'm sure you'll have a great time there!

mosquitoba

Guest medeng

I guess I should have posted this last week, but got busy at work... Anyway, got the call last Thursday, two days after I was told that I wasn't in the top 10, so things must have been moving quickly! I've accepted so I'll see all of you in the fall!

Guest Isoceles

Hey stardoc,

I too am still hanging on on the waitlist and would love not to feel the need to check my email several times everytime I am on the computer!! :P

When I called on Monday, I was told that I was in the top 20. I wish I knew WHERE and how many spots are still in the running...:\

Have you called admissions to find out where you are?

Isoceles

Guest WoollySheep

You guys are lucky... I just asked and I haven't even cracked the top 25 :( but I got the impression they're expecting more waitlist movement next week. Good luck to all :)

Guest Isoceles

Thanks for the update WoollySheep!

More movement on the waitlist... oooh.. I sure hope so!:\

Maybe based on them telling you that you aren't in the top 25 you ARE in the top 30? Since they told StarDoc and I 10 and 20 respectively? Or maybe it just depends on who picks up the phone and how they are feeling at that particular moment..:rollin I am spending WAY too much time theorizing about these waitlist numbers...

It is really hard to stay hopeful and yet keep your brain wrapped around Plan B.. but that is what I am trying to do!:P

I must say that there is a really great sort of camraderie between all waitlisters this year - and it really does help to make this a bit more bearable!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!! :)

I just finished my acceptance paperwork today, a lot of people were activated on the same day as me, and their offers expire on July 18th...so maybe expect some movement soon after.

Guest Isoceles

So waitlisters, I have fairly crummy news..

I was "in the top 20" as of LAST Monday, and as of today (Tuesday) I have only moved to "about 15". I was SO hoping to have reached the top 10 by this week...

The waitlist is still moving... but very, very slowly.

Anne told me that they are waiting for 2-3 people to answer back. I don't know if they are, or will be, considering any deferrals.

When I asked if there was any prayer that things would actually move that much (~15 spots), Anne said that she has been surprised before by how much the class moves. So basically, it's not impossible, but extremely unlikely. :(

I'm trying to accept that it's over for me and move on, but right now I feel like I just don't want this next year to happen at all :( ...oh well, I'm sure I'll get through my mourning period in a couple days. :\

For those of you who HAVE made the top 10.. hang in there... I think you still have a shot, and I hope that the lsit moves for you. ;)

Guest WoollySheep

Thanks for the update, even though it's a sad one :( I guess I'll be starting a MSc in September... I'll reapply to med school after it's done. See you in 2 years :lol

Guest olgalina

hi everyone...i haven't posted here before, but i just wanted to let everyone know that the waitlist is still moving...i called last thursday and was #6 at that time and i just go the magic e-mail yesterday....so for those of you in the top 10 or 15, hang in there

also...question: once you reply to the e-mail and say that you're interested in the offer, do they then send you the paperwork to fill out or e-mail it? sorry, i'm just anxious to get everything going...there's lots to do before september...thnx

Archived