Premed 101 Forums

queens gpa requirements.

Guest DoogieHouserBSc

Guest DoogieHouserBSc

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been addressed already somewhere in the forum but I cant seem to tell since so many posts were lost. What is the minimum # of courses needed per year to be counted in the last 2 year academic average option?

Secondly, I did a 5th year with 5 courses to finish up. Would they just use my 3rd and 4th year marks as the last 2 full academic years? My 4th year had 8 courses which is why I wanted to know how many courses are needed to be counted.

Thanks for your help.

Guest Elaine I

Queens requires 3.5 courses to count a year as full time.

Queens will first look at your overall GPA (all courses). If you meet the cut, they don't look at your GPA again. If you don't meet the cut, then they will look at the last two years you completed prior to the application deadline. Both years must have a minimum of 3.5 courses. If they don't, you will not be considered (unless you request special consideration).

Elaine

Guest DoogieHouserBSc

Hey Elaine I,

Wouldn't they just use your last two *full-time* years of study? ie. a lot of people have a few courses they complete in a 5th year for whatever reason.

Guest Elaine I

When I asked Anne Cumpson, I was told that the last two years could only be used if they each contained 3.5 courses. That refers to the two years prior to applying. I was told that if one of the years didn't contain at least that number of courses, then Queens wouldn't consider the alternate method of calculating GPA, and instead would just use the overall GPA.

That said, if you have a specific situation to check about, I suggest that you contact Queens directly. I have found that Anne answers her e-mails extremely quickly.

Elaine

Archived