Premed 101 Forums

GPA Calculation Question

Guest 0nsp

Hey everyone. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether for GPA purposes, if Queen's considers ALL courses ever taken (including spring/summer session) or if they only consider courses taken during the regular academic session (sept-april). I know my last 2 years are definitely below the cutoff, but the average of all 4 years might make it. I am hoping that only courses taken during normal session count, because if one summer course is counted, i fall below the 3.66 required to keep my acceptance :o . Someone please give me some good news!

Guest svp2k5

Normally courses aren't counted in your GPA. Basically most med schools only count courses that you take in a full semester (i.e. 5 courses)

• 3 weeks later...

*The GPA cutoff is based on the cumulative average; that is, all undergraduate courses are included in the calculation of the GPA. If the applicant does not make the GPA cutoff based on their cumulative average, we will consider as an alternative the last two years of undergraduate study

Guest antissa

Yeah, I asked Judy Barkley the same question a while back, and she told me that Queens does indeed count summer courses in the GPA.

However, 3.66 is the cutoff THIS year, but it changes from year to year. Who knows, maybe next application cycle, it will be lower

Archived