Premed 101 Forums

Responding to Queens' acceptance email

Guest SC2K9

Guest SC2K9

Hi guys,

I just got an offer of admission from Queens off the waitlist :rollin

This might be a stupid question but if I respond to the email (by saying yes), does that automatically take me off the waitlist from other Ontario schools or will that only happen when I send in the paperwork? I've finally reached this stage and just wanna be cautious as I don't want to be removed from another waitlist I am on.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone waiting.

Guest fever meds

you could always call Queens and find out.

To my understanding however, you can accept Queens but that does not take you off the waiting list automatically for other schools. But I would check anyways. They will not revoke for asking!

Guest seedstrike

I don't think you will be removed automatically. When i was accepted off a w/l 2 years ago, they sent me the acceptance letter in a few days. The letter included a form which allowed me to accept queen's and drop from other school's (ontario) w/l.

Guest ezrock

hey. when I accepted at western this year, I had the option to provisionally accept it so that queens could still keep me on their waitlist. I bet you'll have the same option. But the thing is that the provisionals are only good until like July 4 or something so you may not actually have the same option now that I think about it.

Hopefully you do, but either way congrats on making it into queens!

-Ian

i got in off the waitlist last week, and emailed them back saying i was "interested". So they mailed me the paperwork, and they have a form included that asks whether you want to be kept on other waiting lists. They need to receive this form before they remove you from other lists, email alone cant take you off.

Guest physiology06

Did you get a reply back, when you replied to the e-mail that told you that you had come up on the waitlist?

I e-mailed back on Monday and haven't gotten any reply! Plus no package in the mail yet...

Maybe it was all a mistake!! :(

Thrilled but still in disbelief,

physiology06

Guest seedstrike

Just call them. That's what I did. Still can remember that day. I was so nervous when I made that call...probably sounded like a rambling fool.

Guest coleflower

hey physiology06

I got the email last thursday and am still waiting for mail...

I called this morning and was told " as long as you got the email, then you're in, and the package will come"... but it seems awfully slow...

congrats on getting in

Col

Archived