Premed 101 Forums

how many rejections?

Guest cornelius

Guest UWOMED2005

Sorry, I have no clue. Neither do, I think, my fellow moderators. UWO keeps that sort of thing under wraps. But rest assured they do reject people. I know that for a fact.

Let me guess. . . were you waitlisted, and are now trying figure out your chances of getting in? I'm not sure knowing the number of rejections will help you. . . if you're #5 on the waitlist, does really it matter if there's 30 waitlisters or 300? (BTW just so you know. . . UWO does NOT divulge waitlist position.)

If you're on the waitlist, take heart that the UWO list always moves, and usually by a fair amount! My year they handed out 189 acceptances for 118 spots. And thats not including the people who accepted elsewhere, bumping other people up on the waitlist. Last year the number was 200some. . . so expect something similar this year (same class size.) In any case, if you were waitlisted don't give up hope yet!

But I would say, you should start working on or putting into effect Plan B for next year. There's no guarantee what will happen either way, and it's best to be prepared.

Guest UWOMED2005

Umm, well all the people I know who were on the waitlist I met in my class at UWO meds, so technically I've never heard of people not getting off the waitlist.:) But unfortunately I'm pretty sure there usually are some people who don't get off the waitlist.

Go have some fun and/or do something distracting. This could drive you nuts and ruin your summer if you let it. Just relax, work on your plan B and let things happen. . . but have some pleasure in the knowledge that there still is a very good chance you could come off the waitlist. Don't lose hope either. While most of the people came off the waitlist in June/July, two people in my class came off the waitlist just days before class began.

Good Luck.

Guest therealcrackers

I came off the waitlist on the 7th of July when I got in. There are often people who move off the waitlist late into August. Yes, it's a pain having to move at the last minute when it happens, but it's also a heckuva thrill...

Good luck!

Guest cornelius

you are right, i just have to sit and wait. myback up plan is to apply to the states next year. i guess the grass is greener down there from what i hear.

Archived