Premed 101 Forums

for waitlistees and sympathizers

Guest Valani9

Guest Valani9

This may be a redundant comment, but...

I'm not sure what to make of the waitlist status. I have a spot at another school, so I only have until July 3 to get off the list at UWO.

I have no grasp of how likely this is. I know that they can't tell us where we are in the list. But in general, I wish we could have some kind of idea as to what the odds are and how much hope to hold out.

Frustrating. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers...

Guest bad hombre

valani,

i'm in the same boat (okay, maybe different boat but atleast sailing in the same direction). western accepted me but i really want to attend queen's, where i was waitlisted. a friend of mine with some influence has volunteered to ask about my status neering the july 3 deadline if need be. perhaps you can call them (uwo) the week before july 3rd and try to reason with them?

good luck

Guest hoping

Congrats to BH & all those accepted (albeit not at their first choice). BH, I'm hoping that Queen's will take you. I remember reading your posting asking PDSP & Nams (?) to take the other schools; and I'm now doing the same.

To the others w/multiple offers, Kindly make your choice, hopefully before the deadline? Please?

Guest Namgalsip

Hoping,

I believe we have to make our choice before the deadline, otherwise, we are automatically removed.

Hang in there. I know how you feel. I've been there.

You're call will come sooner then you expect.

Nams

Guest UWOMED2005

There are 133 seats in DS1002 (1st year classroom.) About that many acceptances have been sent out, and tons more will be sent out to those on the waitlist. The proportion of those people who ever check this board is probably quite few. . . so trying to convince them to make a decision more quickly (or even to go to another school) will almost certainly NOT affect one's chances of getting in off the waitlist, or how rapidly one would be called off the waitlist.

Just an observation. Good Luck!

Guest bad hombre

hoping,

umm, i hope you're kidding like i was.

hang in there, i don't think our hurrying will affect your situation...

good luck.

hombre

Guest seedstrike

Thanks to everyone who's turning down UWO. Good luck at where ever you guys are able to fulfill your goals of becoming excellent physicians.

DoctorFunk: Where did you decide to go in the end?

Guest Chieka

Yup, multifish - it's U of T, despite Toronto's crazy cost of living. I think I'll be happy there. I'm looking forward to it. :D

C.

Guest doctorfunk
DoctorFunk: Where did you decide to go in the end?

It wasn't an easy decision, but I'm off to UofT.

As for UWO, I did my undergrad at Western (and I felt it was time to move on to some new scenery) and it is a great school - all of you heading there in the fall will have a blast! (I hope there are boatraces at UofT :D )

Anyways, off to Europe for a much deserved vacation - see you all in a month or so!

Guest hoping

Tks Chieka. I hope you'll be very happy at U of T. I was very disappointed that I didn't even get an interview there. I finished my Honours BS this year from U of T w/3.8/MCAT31Q During my 2nd year I only took 4 courses because I had taken a prior summer course, hence I didn't get the benefit of their weighting formula. Either that, or there were just too many more qualified applicants. I'm one of the newcomers here so I don't know if you've posted where you're from...you mentioned Toronto's crazy cost of living. The many newly built condos should provide some relief. Several are walking distance to UT & most are on the subway/streetcar line that will take you to the university. This is another reason why I so wanted to be at U of T. My sibling & I were supposed to stay at the condo which our parents bought from plans, 2 yrs ago, & will be ready by Sept.

Nams, et. al., thanks for the encouragement. BH, caer en el chiste? Anyway, a cheerful spirit lessens the agony of waiting.

I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable summer :)

Archived