Premed 101 Forums

Interview Weekends

Guest exhumedcorpse33

Western's interview weekends for this year are March 29-30 and April 12-13.

There will be four interview times each day (approx 100 applicants interviewed per day) as well as a variety of information and social events planned for each of the weekends. Cut-offs still have not been set for this year...so I wouldn't expect to see interview invites arriving in your mailbox much before the last week of Feb or first week of March. I believe that I received my letter almost exactly a month before my interview last year and I interviewed on April 3rd.

I was just thinking how nicely all the interview weekends are scheduled not to conflict, as I copied out the dates for UT, Queen's, UWO and Mac ... but UWO and Mac both have interviews on Mar 29 & Mar 30! That seems to leave a lot of opportunity open for scheduling conflicts... Oh, and U of T dates conflict with every other school.

Obviously this is not something I'm worried about or anything like that (at this point ;) ), I just thought it was interesting. :) Do the schools actually make a point of not scheduling people with conflicts, or is it a common occurrence? Just curious.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey peachy,

Usually schools are very willing to move your interview time to another day if you have a conflict (except Mac).

And yes, the various Ontario schools do try and schedule their interview weekends such that they do not conflict with each other. Of course, since there are five schools and only so many weekends, some degree of conflict is inevitable.

I wouldn't worry too much about potentially having to be in two places at once- the individual schools will understand and take whatever steps are required to reschedule in most cases-I've never heard of anyone losing an interview due an unresolvable conflict between schools.

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest therealcrackers

Everybody TRIES not to schedule conflicts, but often the information for weekend availability comes too late to avoid them. Plus, each school might have conferences, holidays, undergraduate exams that make certain weekends unavailable...

Guest UWOMED2005

The interview invites might be even later than that. Mine was two years ago (eek! That long ago?) but I didn't get the invite until some time in March (for an April interview.)

The MCAT/GPA cutoffs should be posted soon, though. One of us Western folks (most likely Timmymax or Aneliz) will post, I'm sure, as soon as they know. After that you'll have a good idea of which letter you'll be receiving in the mail.

Cut offs are up...notices will go out soon...but don't count on seeing them before the first of March....Darla is off next week....so you're all going to have to wait....if you made the cuts (which are up in multiple places) you *should* get an interview....so sit back and relax....

Archived