Premed 101 Forums

Summer School

Guest neddy15

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

While I'm a Leafs fan and supporting the Habs is bascially sacrelige, I'd love to see them trounce those over-hyped Boston sissies, but I'm not entirely sure it's going to happen.

As for the Sens, I'm pulling really hard for them, bc if they win, the Leafs will play them in the 2nd round (or 3rd if Boston wins their series w/ the Habs) and sweep them aside, just like they have each of the last two years. The question to be answered will be how many shutouts Cujo will get and how long it will be before the Senators finally score a goal on him. The early line is over/under 2.5 shutouts and 125 minutes! Therefore, no matter how you slice it, it's a cakewalk for the Leafs so long as Ottawa does well. And since the Sens can't even sell out home playoff games, I'll be there when the Leafs skate the Prince of Wales trophy around the Corel Centre ice (after Game 4, of course)! Bwha ha ha!

Go Leafs Go!

Tim

Guest UWOMED2005

Three words in defence of the Senators: "No more Yashin."

Many of the other guys on the team are also getting up their playoff confidence running over Philadelphia. The addition of Chara, Muckalt and Chris Neil means we're no longer a bunch of wusses. And as far as shutouts are concerned. . . the king of those in these playoffs seems to be Lalime!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey there,

I must admit, Ottawa's done a heck of a job, especially Lalime- not being scored on in 4 games' regulation is nothing to sniff at. And it looks good on Philadelphia, especially that Bobby Clarke clown! Ha, ha!

Go you Leafs!

Timmy

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Yeah, maybe, but when they can push the Islanders to the brink of requiring a questionable penalty shot call in order to win in New York w/o Sundin, Renberg and Yushkevich, you've gotta admit, that's showing a lot of heart. They'll be fine...hopefully!

Tim

Guest TimmyMax

Hey Rader,

Look out boss, cuz the Leafs are gonna steamroll your Sens just like they did the Islanders tonight...if I'm lucky, I may actually be on hand for the night they clinch a trip to the Eastern Conference Final (Game 4 in Kanata)...GO LEAFS GO!!!

Timmy

Guest cheech10

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see the Ottawa series will be around to distract me from my last exams, and the wait for application results!

Now if only we had Sundin, Renberg, and Yushkevich back :(

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah. . . we'll see about that. As Cheech10 pointed out, your Leafs are missing a few key components. . . Still it's great to see Canadian teams advancing to the second round! In fact, the only teams left in the east are the Sens, Habs, Leafs and CAROLINA HURRICANES, meaning if there's not a Canadian team in this year's Stanley Cup finals I will have to never watch NHL hockey ever again - just out of principle. (not to mention there will be plenty of tickets available for all of the finals games. . . I think I've seen more hockey fans posting here tonight then exist in all of the carolinas!)

Hey Tim, what are you doing in Kanata? You're not from the Ottawa area, are you? That's my home town.

Guest the Beaver

Leafs in 5

Thats my prediction folks !

man on man were they lucky in the last 10 minutes of the third.

McCabe, Mogilny,Tucker, Roberts, Valk:

Nice to see the workhorses pulling the leaf wagon to the second round

If we get Reichal, Sundin, Yuskevich back in action woo hoo it'll be a sweet ride to cup :)

But alas Ottawa is Canadian so I'm not going to chew on them. I'll leave the Ottawa fans with a leaf joke, but remember we will get the last laugh :)

Did you hear that on the Leafs bus they hooked up a lie detector. Yuskevich hooks himself up and says, "I think we have the best defense in the league." Immediately the detector goes off. Sundin hooks himself up and says, "I think I'm the best hockey player in the game." Immediately the lie detector goes off. Domi steps up and says, "I think.." and immediately the lie detector goes off.

leafs in 5

later

the beav

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

No, I'm not from Ottawa, but I have been there a couple times and did scout out the area during my harrowing U of O interview experience (more the getting to Ottawa part that was harrowing rather than the interview itself), checking out some key sites (ie: Corel Centre) and tix possibilities. Of course, a major drawback of going to U of O for meds will be having to listen to the local press bitch about the Sens getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Leafs year after year after year...

Timmy

Guest McGillBoy

I dont care who wins Leafs or Sens.....

because you and I both know that the Habs will kick whoever off the following round. LES CANADIENS KICK ASS!!!

GO HABS GO!!

The rest of you petty Canadian teams have no chance.

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah. . . too bad Toronto's no longer in the Western Conference. . . then we could be hoping for an all-Canadian finals.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey all,

The Leafs' bandwagon is on the roll again, so all you fretters and doubters (from late Sunday night to Tuesday night/Wednesday morning) hop yourselves right back on- there's lots of room!

Yeah, it kind of sucks that the Leafs aren't in the West anymore- no more classic playoff showdowns with Detroit, St. Louis and Chicago to look forward to- boo. I wish they'd go back to the old divisional playoff format they used to have- though it did have its obvious flaws, it made for some intense rivalries and classic playoff series over the years! It seems like a crime that the Red Wings didn't even visit Toronto this year- the league needs to reconsider its unbalanced scheduling to include more games btw old divisional foes, especially in the Leafs' case- who really wants to see them beat up on loser teams like Atlanta and Columbus when they could be renewing hostilities with Detroit and Chicago?

Oh well, IMHO there's too many teams now- 24 was optimal- and the league should fold some of them (ie: Florida, Tampa, etc.) and save itself some trouble down the road by realizing that some markets are just not conducive to hockey despite the promise of the almighty US dollar. But what do I know?

Anyhow, should be a great game and a great series because the Habs will be waiting to play in the conference finals and they're a piece of cake! ;)

Take care and Go Leafs Go!

Timmy

Guest UWOMED2005

I don't know Hari all that well. . . he seems to be a great guy though.

Do you honestly think this is an appropriate topic of conversation for a premed forum?

Guest UWOMED2005

Hah - interesting point. I guess Canadian hockey teams is a little off-topic for a meds admissions board, but but I don't see anything inappropriate about talking about how Ottawa will win the series in 5 by sweeping the Leafs at home. . .

Guest Ian Wong

I went in and did a little selective pruning. I agree with UWOMED2005 and the rest of you guys. Oh, and Ottawa in six! :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest medicator007

Frankly it doesnt matter who wins this battle of ontario... cuz once my habs are done knocking the wind out of the hurricanes (bad pun, but i'm tired) we are coming for which ever team is left standing :-) .

Though I must admit that marathon of a game last night was pretty impressive.

Archived