Premed 101 Forums

Final Transcript

Guest Downupdown

Guest UWOMED2005

Hey Daisy. . . if things don't work out this year, I'd definitely reapply. The GPA cutoffs the last three years (including the one for this year) have been 3.65, 3.60, and 3.65. I haven't seen them rise to above 3.7, but do be aware that is possible (theoretically they could rise to 4.0 if Western got 450 applications from people with 4.0 GPAs and good MCATs, but that's highly unlikely.)

Good Luck.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey Daisy!

Definitely reapply! Western is the bestern and you can't experience it for yourself if you don't apply again! Even if you don't get in at UWO, you may get in somewhere else, so if meds is what you really want, I say go after it, because if you want anything bad enough, it's yours for the taking! :)

Best of luck and say a prayer for those Leafs tonight!

Timmy

Guest mying

Yeah, it sucks to not make it because of that last year 3.65. Been there, done that. Only I didn't realize until after I received the phone call (I was on the waiting list) *and* done a little quick calculation and realized, uhoh, my previous calculations had been off by 0.02

But... reapply! No matter what. I would be surprised to see it go to 3.7, although I do suppose anything is possible, but I would put a lot more money (if I had any) on 3.65 or 3.60

I ended up doing another year (finishing my honours) where I thoroughly squashed the 3.65 cut-off. In your case though, with the 5 instead of 6 courses, it's almost like provided they don't up the GPA cut-off, it's a guarantee, and just think how much better you will rock that interview next year now that you've already got a feel for it. :)

Archived