Premed 101 Forums

minor to increase my GPA? (master students)

Hi my non-trad friends,

So I did not had the best undergrad GPA (3.68/4) which is not super competitive for med schools. I then did a master and I'm graduating this year. Even with a master, most schools don't care about it and undergrad gpa stays the most important. 

Since my undergrad was only 3 years (I know some people do 4 or 5 yrs), I was thinking of going back to school (undergrad) and do a minor that I'm really interested in order to boost my GPA. However, I heard that it may not works and that, since I already graduated from my bachelor few years ago, I have to totally redo another bachelor... Is that true or can I just do a minor ?

Thank you for your help and good luck to everyone applying !

For schools that look at total GPA, ie Mac or many of the US ones, you can do a minor or even just take classes without declaring a program, and the grades will count. Some schools have GPA modifiers that give advantages for grades done as part of degrees or on a full time basis, so you'll have to look at each school's admissions system individually.