Premed 101 Forums

Student numbers and information packages

Guest therealcrackers

Guest therealcrackers

People have expressed interest in getting a parking pass for next year --- and it's a grad student pass, which is really good. Trouble is, you need a student number to get one, and that comes with your information package (including the dreaded fee bill).

The student numbers have to be processed by the registrar's office once your acceptance is confirmed. So, it takes a bit of time; the initial offer students who accepted Western will have student numbers soon. Everyone who has accepted an offer will get an information package (ie. O-week stuff, white coat ceremony, fee bill, etc.) EARLY IN AUGUST. The tuition fees can be paid at any financial institution.

If you are arranging for lines of credit, the stuff in your information package is sufficient proof of your registration. So, make an appointment about early-mid August to get everything set up, and get your tuition payment in.

Hope that helps. Good luck to everyone still waiting (the list is moving) and congratulations to everyone who's accepted!

Cheers,

Graham

• 1 month later...
Guest blinknoodle

Does anyone know when our tuition must be paid by?

My dad read something somewhere and was under the impression a first chunk was due August 1st and the remainder in September. This doesn't sound right to me but I wanted to check it out.

Thanks,

-bn

Guest JSS02

I don't know if it'll be the same deadline for you guys in Meds 08, but I received my tuition statement this week and have to at least make a minimum payment (if paid in installments) by August 18th. You can deduct your OSAP from this payment if you've been given an official assessment.

Guest aneliz

Fee bills should be out soon... I would imagine that the first installment of your tuition will be due mid-Aug.

The upper years already have tuition bills... so yours will be coming soon!

Tuition for this year is:

$15 415.04

You need to make a minimum payment of $10 898.38 by the Aug deadline.

The balance will be due in January.

Guest makdaddy08

Hi, sorry I"m a bit confused...

So our fees our due in August, but we wont' get our official bill until they send them out in...early August? Is there any way that we can pay earlier? Or do we have to wait for the bill to pay? Out west here the mail comes slow...by the time I received my offer of admission I only had like 2 days to get everything together and send it off..ahha...dont' wnat to go through that rush again!

Thanks in advance...

Guest mgupta

hey makdaddy08,

your bills should be coming in any day as the above posters have stated. i'm from calgary and understand your concern about not recieving things on time or too close to the deadline. but rest assured, they wont give u just 2 days to come up with the tuition. and from this board u already know the amount that is due, so u might as well figure out how to pay for that lump sum now. but in short: hang tight and the bill will be on your way. i'm surprised u guys are all excited about reciving a $15415 dollar bill. i could send u guys mine if that'll make u happy. :)

as for wanting to pay early, from what i understand u can pay early, but u will need to acquire your student ID from admissions office. and then you use your id number as the bank account that u need to deposit your tuition into. i think this way only works if u pay via online banking. if however u want to pay in person, a lot of banks like to see the tuition fee statement so they can stamp it for both of our sakes (u can show the campus u paid on time if in case payment is recieved late).

hope that helps

Archived