Premed 101 Forums

Chances at Accelerated

Murse

Hey Y’all,

I have applied to accelerated nursing at Mac, Queens, Western, York and U of T and am curious about the competitiveness of my application?

I have a ton of extracurricular slots of Covid related research and even pharma related work regarding covid.  

I have >700 research hours accumulated through hospital research. I have presented this research at different research seminars, as well as have two upcoming publications.

I volunteered to train cancer patients and cardiac disease patients aiming to use exercise as a form of treatment for there disease.

mark wise cumulatively I have a 80 overall average with an 84 in my final term thus far.  

i have plenty of sport relegated things too such as intramural, I am a amateur kick-boxer as well.  

just curious what other applications and grades are generally seen by applicants? My number one school would be U of T! 

feedback would be greatly appreciated 

• 1 year later...
On 11/21/2020 at 10:44 AM, Murse said:

Hey Y’all,

I have applied to accelerated nursing at Mac, Queens, Western, York and U of T and am curious about the competitiveness of my application?

I have a ton of extracurricular slots of Covid related research and even pharma related work regarding covid.  

I have >700 research hours accumulated through hospital research. I have presented this research at different research seminars, as well as have two upcoming publications.

I volunteered to train cancer patients and cardiac disease patients aiming to use exercise as a form of treatment for there disease.

mark wise cumulatively I have a 80 overall average with an 84 in my final term thus far.  

i have plenty of sport relegated things too such as intramural, I am a amateur kick-boxer as well.  

just curious what other applications and grades are generally seen by applicants? My number one school would be U of T! 

feedback would be greatly appreciated 

Hey, I have similar experience (lots of research and publications, community involvement, a few competitive provincial or national awards, 3.9+ avg in my final year, 3.75 GPA in my last 2 years, intramurals) and literally applied to the exact same schools as you. U of T is my top choice as well. I also will have a graduate degree in a bit. I've just applied for the upcoming September. If you don't mind sharing, did you have success in your applications and if so, where? Seems like you were a strong applicant so I'm hoping you got in.