Premed 101 Forums

Email Acceptance?

Guest DrTK

Guest DrTK

Hi! I was wondering if Western sends out emails to successful applicants as well as their acceptance package or whether just the package is sent out. I have heard that some other schools send out email notices, but these may only be sent when someone has been accepted off the wait list (to speed up communication). Any ideas?

T

Guest aneliz

You will not get an e-mail acceptance from UWO. They send out packages, by express post to successful applicants on the last business day in May. Depending on where you live, you will receive it 1-3 days later. Waitlists and rejections are sent regular mail...depending on where you live, you will receive it in 2-7 days.

Later in the summer (after mid-July), UWO usually CALLS the applicant to see if they are interested before sending out an acceptance package...this is to speed up the waitlist movement... but this does not occur until close to the end... ie not all waitlisters offered a spot get a phone call first.

Good luck!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Western will not, apparently, be notifying their first-round acceptees by e-mail this year (I believe it was aneliz who mentioned this in another thread after speaking with Admissions). Of all the Canadian schools, Ottawa and Calgary (the latter has sent only a handful) appear to be those schools that have used, or intend to use, e-mail.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived