Premed 101 Forums

Verifier Did Not Submit?

Hey everyone,

I am a non-SWOMEN applicant. For some reason, I just thought to reach out to my verifiers for the focused ABS section (assuming these are the one's Western contacts specifically). I did this a month ago for selected verifiers, but wasn't comprehensive.

Turns out... one missed the email. Is this a death sentence? Do any previous students that have been accepted since UWO switched their format ~2 years ago have experience? I am fairly sure I make cut-offs, and I was screened out on "non-Academics" last year. 

5 hours ago, FifthCycle said:

Hey everyone,

I am a non-SWOMEN applicant. For some reason, I just thought to reach out to my verifiers for the focused ABS section (assuming these are the one's Western contacts specifically). I did this a month ago for selected verifiers, but wasn't comprehensive.

Turns out... one missed the email. Is this a death sentence? Do any previous students that have been accepted since UWO switched their format ~2 years ago have experience? I am fairly sure I make cut-offs, and I was screened out on "non-Academics" last year. 

Definitely not the case about it being a death sentence...some verifiers are busy people and it's understandable they might miss a single email in their inbox. The odd part is that Western didn't reach out to you if they couldn't get in touch with your verifier, which is what schools usually do 

Maybe it wasn't that important and it's not a big deal? The verifier emails were sent to some verifiers all the way back in November which is reaaaally early especially on an OMSAS timeline...I also know a lot of people (some well over MCAT cutoffs) didn't have any verifiers contacted whatsoever (not yet at least)