Premed 101 Forums

now what?

Guest mydream88

Guest mydream88

Hi,

I would like to post this question here:

can anyone give us some idea regarding the process that the adcoms go through post-interview.

we now have some sort of score I assume, do they meet now and what?

mydream88:)

Guest UWOMED2005

The interviewing committee who interview you scored you immediately after your interview, independent of each other.

The formula is: 50% interview + 25% GPA + 25% MCAT

So everything is decided. They just have to compile the results, and wait for U of T to get its act together and sort its stuff out so all the OMSAS schools can send stuff out.

Guest PaniDoktor
They just have to compile the results, and wait for U of T to get its act together and sort its stuff out so all the OMSAS schools can send stuff out.

???

What did you mean by this:\ ?

Guest aneliz

I think what he ment was that although some schools in Ontario are done (like totally done) but, given the OMSAS structure, no schools can send out their decisions to applicants until ALL the schools are done...and UofT is traditionally the last school to be done (sometimes still interviewing in May...)

To further clarify the UWO situation...

Your interview is independently scored by the three people that interviewed you. They do the scoring on the day that you are interviewed.

All of the three interview scores are handed in to the admissions office, and each score sheet is totalled and entered into a computer... The three interview scores that you got are combined with your MCAT and GPA scores (traditionally 50% interview, 25% GPA and 25% MCAT) to give you a final overall score. Then a few 'bonus points' are added to genuine southwest residents...(don't ask how or how much, we don't have a clue!)

After this has been done, all of the scores are listed highest to lowest...and the top 133 get an acceptance...some at the bottom may get a rejection (don't know how many or how it is decided) and the rest go, in order of score, on the wait list. There are no meetings of the ad comm to decide your fate...it is all by your GPA, MCAT and interview scores.

Check out this thread to get an idea of why it takes so long to get from the end of interviews to acceptances...

b19.ezboard.com/fpremed10...=380.topic

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, Aneliz was on the mark. It was just a crack U of T, particularly since the year I applied there were applicants still waiting to here about interviews in mid May! BTW - I have no clue if that is the situation this year and believe they've cleared up their act somewhat. . .

The only thing UWO is waiting for is for all 5 OMSAS schools to finalize things. Since a) some schools take a while to decide and B) sometimes stuff happens to push that while into an eternity, the date chosen (June 1st) has essentially been chosen giving the schools, or at least UWO, way more time than it needs.

Archived