Premed 101 Forums

kal23

7 hours ago, kal23 said:

I'm applying to med-p and currently finishing up my CV. Would anyone be free to answer a few questions for my CV and give their advice?

Est ce que quelqu'un serait libre de me donner leur avis sur quelques questions que j'ai sur mon CV pour McGill med-p?

Thank you, merci:)

Hello, 

my advice for your CV is to not write a lot !!!!! A cv should be short and sweet as it is not a resume of yourself ! For instance, in your description add a maximum of 1 or 2 lines. If your CV is so full they will easily get tired of it (Short and sweet is the key) Hope I responded to your question ! 

I believe that this depends on your level. I would indeed keep it short for a med-p application as there is no need for your descriptions to fill the entire two pages. It is normal for a CEGEP student not to have any publications or internships; your curriculum will thus be shorter and they are actually expecting it! 

26 minutes ago, MedicA1 said:

I believe that this depends on your level. I would indeed keep it short for a med-p application as there is no need for your descriptions to fill the entire two pages. It is normal for a CEGEP student not to have any publications or internships; your curriculum will thus be shorter and they are actually expecting it! 

Is it a bad thing if it's long? Mine takes up the full 2 pages so far :/ I'm just putting all the volunteer work and ECs i've done. I guess my main concerns are about whether to exclude or include certain things.

28 minutes ago, kal23 said:

Is it a bad thing if it's long? Mine takes up the full 2 pages so far :/ I'm just putting all the volunteer work and ECs i've done. I guess my main concerns are about whether to exclude or include certain things.

Not at all! I suggest using the full 2 pages because it'll let you be able to maximize the content you have if you can. McGill gives you the full two pages to use and anything within that length is fine

31 minutes ago, kal23 said:

Prends le temps de bien lire les consignes : https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/files/medadmissions/cvmd_verl_instructions_pour_les_candidats-fr-v2.pdf

Considère ton CV plus comme une lettre de présentation sous forme de tableau. Le CV est vraiment là pour montrer comment tu as acquis les compétences non académiques recherchées par McGill (https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/fr/pourquoi/processus-selection/criteres-non-academiques).

In my first CV I was ranked one of the last applicants and a med students told me my CV was super perfect and he enjoyed that it was fullll. HOWEVER, my friend wrote his CV last day and wrote really few description on its activities and he was ranked top student in his CV ........... He had a 35,2 CRC and got in in the wait list 

44 minutes ago, kal23 said:

I would not say that this a bad thing, given that you consider each of your entry to be pertinent, of course! As for the descriptions, you should focus on what they are asking for in the CVMD form, that is, the experience acquired or skills you strengthened for instance. 

• kal23 changed the title to .