Premed 101 Forums

Graduate gpa v/s undergraduate gpa

Nanu

40 minutes ago, Nanu said:

I haven’t got enough GPA in my undergraduate. So my concern is that if I do masters and then apply of medical school, will medical school gonna look at my undergraduate gpa or they just gonna consider masters gpa.

Thank you

Generally it’s your undergrad gpa which counts. A master’s degree can earn you a boost in the evaluation of your academic dossier, but it’s still of secondary importance compared to your undergrad gpa. This is why many applicants take on a second undergrad degree, or independent undergrad coursework, in order to increase their undergrad gpa and thus improve their chances of getting into med school. 

I have one another confusion: I’m in my last semester of undergraduate. I have got really bad gpa in 7 courses including one failed course out of 30. And in rest of the courses i have A’s. So if I repeat those 7 courses and boost my gpa to 3.8. Will medical school gonna consider the First attempt course or the repeated one or both.

Thank you