Premed 101 Forums

U of A vs. U of C interview

• Tyamaria changed the title to U of A vs. U of C interview
39 minutes ago, boymama20 said:

For those who interviewed at U of A and UCalgary and have already completed both interviews, how do you feel they compare? 

UofA felt more straight forward. I prepared a lot, and the UofA questions were VERY predictable. As for UofC, je ne sais pas. 

How do you feel they compare?

6 minutes ago, amiralangs said:

UofA felt more straight forward. I prepared a lot, and the UofA questions were VERY predictable. As for UofC, je ne sais pas. 

How do you feel they compare?

I definitely felt that the U of A was more straightforward, however I felt like I rambled ALOT and was very much not concise with my answers. While I struggled with the U of C questions I felt emotionally better afterwards.  It's so hard to know if it went well or not!

2 minutes ago, boymama20 said:

I definitely felt that the U of A was more straightforward, however I felt like I rambled ALOT and was very much not concise with my answers. While I struggled with the U of C questions I felt emotionally better afterwards.  It's so hard to know if it went well or not!

I wrote down my speaking points, so I don't think I rambled much, but I did feel like I could have kept talking due to the subject matter at UofA. I felt a bit more confident with my responses at the UofA because I managed to get a few head nods and smiles from the interviewers. I felt okay about UofCs, but I felt my UofC performance paled in comparison to UofA. I just want to become a doctor. I'll be happy if even one of the schools sends me an offer. 

9 minutes ago, Raisin Bran said:

Considering folks are still interviewing at UCalgary, this is probably a borderline inappropriate discussion. Best to wait until everyone's interviews are complete! 

As I'm sure you can see, we were just expressing how we felt afterwards without revealing any information about the UofC interview itself. Nonetheless, I understand where you're coming from.