Premed 101 Forums

Living around U of M

Guest dentlove69

Guest dentlove69

Hey everyone,

If anyone has any idea on where to live around the university of manitoba, where it is safe and close to school, please feel free to give any suggestions, maybe phone numbers, websites.

Any help is appreciated guys.

Thanks

Guest Adversary

I would advise you to also post on the U of M medical forum. You can get additional help there or find a med student roomate.

Guest dentlove69

Thanks alot Adversary,

I was wondering if anyone that goes to U of M has any idea on what location is good to live in, it doesn't seem like a lot of U of M students put any postings in here, wonder why.

Cheers

Guest omizu

Here's the honest truth:

Around the Bannantyne campus where the dental faculty is located is not a desirable area. High crime, low income inner city core. Cheap maybe, but unpleasant. There are some neighbourhoods a 15-20 minute drive away that are somewhat nicer, or some other parts of downtown are a bit better (<10minutes away). I have heard that some dental students live in the Corydon/River Heights area about 15 minutes by car from the campus.

You might want to check the Winnipeg Free Press online classifieds. There are often rental listings there.

Also, for your reading pleasure:

www.macleans.ca/topstorie...303_127303

Guest dentlove69

Thank you very much omizu I appreciate your help

By the way did you get into U of M Dents.... school starts really soon for us on the 14th of August :(

Cheers

Archived