Premed 101 Forums

U of Montreal Dentistry anyone?

Guest montrealer87

Guest montrealer87

Wow. These boards kinda blew me away. everyone is so serious! Im a cegep student that got into dentistry at U of Montreal next fall....to be honest i didnt really prepare for the carving test thingy and i dont understand why people would spend money on all those dat prep materials. its pretty much useless. Just practice on the pieces of soap they send u with ur kit a couple of weeks before and ull do ok. is anyone else going to U of M next fall? Its a french school, so i guess its not a popular pick for anyone outside Quebec..?

Guest FullMetalDS

different things work for different people...i think it's great that you have the talent to get it right the first time but some ppl are really lacking in manual dexterity and have lots to gain from a few lessons :]

Guest montrealer87

I don't know, maybe you're right. I just got the impression some people got arbitrary grades on the DAT test, which is probably a ridiculous assumption...but some people who were very confident and practiced alot got dissapointed. To me, it seems like time and stress managment is really the only thing you need to watch out for to perform well on the DAT test. So i guess what Im saying is don't stress out too much and don't waste your money on 800$ classes or kits...unless the psychological reassurance of having taken a prep course will have a good impact on your stress level once the exam rolls around.

I guess no one here is going to U of Montreal, huh. :( .

Guest TheRetardedOneDDS

People should give a 100% effort towards the DAT. To date i've never heard of anyone complaining their DAT marks are "too high".

Sure, some people can get into dentistry with a mediocre DAT preformace and little effort. A lot of those people actually study their ass off for the DAT and then lie saying "meh ... I just carved one soap the day before" to try and look cool and apathetic.

It comes down to how badly you want to become a dentist. Everyone has their own studying style. Some take longer than others. Some want better marks than others.

Its nice to be able to select which dental school you attend rather than having to go to the only school that accepted you.

Guest Aplusdent

Yeah..I haven't really heard of any frenchies here...I would have seriously considered applying had I went to a french high school instead of an english one... I went to a full french elementary school... Yeah St. Catherine's in Pain Court...it's a dinky village with nothing...near Chatham. That's when I could write proper french...now that's kinda rough.

Archived