Premed 101 Forums

Date cut off for science prerequisites in progress

ceelbe

We're allowed to have 3 courses in progress during the school year at the time of our application. Does anyone know if I take a science prereq that ends roughly September 25, and then take 3 others over fall/winter, if this would count for 4 courses in progress, or if the one ending in September would be seen as a summer course? I'm not sure if there's an official cut off date, like September 1st or something. I emailed admissions to ask as well

8 minutes ago, ceelbe said:

We're allowed to have 3 courses in progress during the school year at the time of our application. Does anyone know if I take a science prereq that ends roughly September 25, and then take 3 others over fall/winter, if this would count for 4 courses in progress, or if the one ending in September would be seen as a summer course? I'm not sure if there's an official cut off date, like September 1st or something. I emailed admissions to ask as well

its great that u asked them! but I believe as long as ur course ending in sep gets graded by the time you are submitting your app, u should be fine 

3 hours ago, veromedico said:

its great that u asked them! but I believe as long as ur course ending in sep gets graded by the time you are submitting your app, u should be fine 

Oh yeah? Have you heard of other people doing the same, or you’re assuming it might be ok? :) 

3 minutes ago, ceelbe said:

Oh yeah? Have you heard of other people doing the same, or you’re assuming it might be ok? :) 

I remember someone was having the same issue and they were told as long as u have ur grade by the time you are submitting your app, ( i.e. as long as the grade is on ur transcript) you should be fine 

On 7/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, veromedico said:

I remember someone was having the same issue and they were told as long as u have ur grade by the time you are submitting your app, ( i.e. as long as the grade is on ur transcript) you should be fine 

Thank you for this! Just posting this here for future reference in case anyone was wondering. McGill got back to me and told me that all basic science prerequisite courses at Athabasca are accepted as prereqs for McGill med, and that the home kit/virtual labs are accepted as well, and that so long as the course is completed (final grades on transcript etc) before the November 1 deadline of when you submit your application, then you can still have an additional 3 classes in progress (so long as you get those grades by the May 31 deadline). Hope this helps someone!