Premed 101 Forums

marking the soap

Guest chewb83

Guest chewb83

on the exam, can you mark the soap with anything? or do you've to use the marker they provide? The sharpie gets waxy after a few strokes, the pen or pencil can't write on the soap at all, or are they intended to score the soap as is done using the blade? Any recommendations? Thank you.

Guest cyclone14

i'd recommend using the pencil they give u, or the knife itself to mark the soap: firstly, the marker tip is quite thick, and makes exact measurements a little more difficult, and secondly, you need to use the marker at the end to write your name/number etc. on the soap and the sheet you wrap it in- if the tip is waxy, its a pain to do this.

Guest chicof

For the carving you must use the pencil to score the lines on the soap. I would just use the sharpie to put a small mark on each section i knew i was going to remove. I have done very well on the carving. 30/30 I recommend mark accurate and mark fast, never use freehand to make lines, always use the ruler. Its just a shame most schools don't really care about the carving. :\

Guest Aplusdent

Chicof: You used the ruler for every single line? Whoa...even the longitudinal ones? Doesnt your ruler slip around? Any more tips for everyone working on their carving skills?

Thanks ;)

Archived