Premed 101 Forums

U of S rejection letters

Guest cavityfiller

Guest cavityfiller

good day!

a classmate of mine received a rejection letter for U of S dent about a week and a half ago. 2 batches were supposidely sent out. However they don't send acceptence/waitlist letters until the end of june.

Did anyone else receive them? or have any info?

thanks

Guest ChinaMan2004

Hi,

well, I did not receive any rejection, and I hope I won't either...:b

I am also waiting for that magic letter. I knew they sent out acceptance by expresspost last year, I am gonna look hard to that Xpresspost mark on the envelope!!

Happy waiting

Guest cavityfiller

hey china man.

Yah im in province. This is the only school I applied to this year, but i am slowly starting to kick myself in the *** for not applying anywhere else :(

How about you, did you just apply to u of s or do you have any other options

Guest ChinaMan2004

I applied to other schools, but got waitlisted too low to get in...

now i am waiting to hear back from UofS and UofA....= )

If you don't mind me asking, can you share with me your stats? you can PM me~

Guest cavityfiller

Hey!

Well my average is 88%

My dat average on all three is 18.5

(not that good :( )

and my interview I think went pretty well.

How about you?

Guest ChinaMan2004

My GPA ain't as great, it's about 86.75% (calculated), so I am a bit worried about it...

DAT got its up and down, PAT 23, Reading 22, carving 15....(it might kill me....)

Interview went pretty good, I somehow saw my interview marks..should be around 27 - 28 (not the best out here obviously, but i am satisfied with it)

I don't know if I stand a chance

Guest cavityfiller

hey chinaman!

See nobody really knows where they stand, because they have no idea of how they did compared to anyone else. Which school are you coming from... did you already get percentage marks there or were you on a number scale (4.0)

Yah carving killed a lot of people i heard.

Wow! you managed to see your score! YOu are sure lucky. I wish I knew how i did.

Im just hoping the really smart people that are out of province also applied to other schools and got in there and have to decline u of s.

talk to you soon

Guest cavityfiller

35/35 = perfect score.

What school are you applying from. Does your average get converted to percent or did you already have percent.

Just out of curiosity. didn't u of a already hand out admissions?

Guest ChinaMan2004

Hey cavityfiller,

I am from McMaster, so I had to calculate my marks into percentage...

I know this year we have lots of ppl who come in with high GPAs...so I am merely hoping the samething..that all high GPA-ers will choose other schools~

I think the admission from UofA you heard was most likely early admission given to top students...they are yet to send out their admission at the end of June~

Well, happy waiting, bro...it should be out in two weeks...

Guest cavityfiller

Same to you...

I think I should count myself out for dent this year at u of s..my DAT scores are too low I think..What do yout hink?

Oh well there is always next year.

Guest ChinaMan2004

You know what? I think otherwise = )

It might seem that DAT score is quite important, and that your DAT score is not in the higher end, but dun forget your GPA is perfect for U of S...not to mention if your gutfeeling toward the interview is right~ And since GPA is 65% of the whole package, you should be proud that you have such a stellar grade...so, really, just chill :hat

And if all things fail this year (which I highly doubt it), it's not that hard to upgrade your DAT score while keeping the grade up...

So all in all, you should STILL chill:hat :hat

Guest cavityfiller

Hey Chinaman

Thanks for your faith in me... That's really cool. I hope everything works out for the both of us and next year we'll be chillin.

It takes a lot of guts to help a person out like that and I really think just from that you will be a great dentist.

It's nice to know that not everyone is competitive with thepeople applying with that.

Straight up.. ilike it

have a good weekend

Archived