Premed 101 Forums

Can Indian graduate with post graduate degree in dentistry with PR in Canada, dream of MD program

To tell the story short, iam a post graduate student in dentistry from India. I have got to move to Canada due to family. I have developed interest in medicine during my post graduate training, and I also feel this is right opportunity to purse my dream. Still struggling to understand the requirements of each university. I feel like talking to people who gone through non traditional path for admissions in MD program would clear my doubts.  

If you are a Canadian PR, you can apply to Canadian medical schools in the regular stream. Assuming you did your undergraduate training in India, you'll have to see if whatever medical schools you're interested in will accept those transcripts. You will need to do all the regular application things, having a compeditive GPA, letters of recommendation, MCAT, etc. But assuming your transcript is accepted there shouldn't be any huge road blocks.