Premed 101 Forums

UWO workload - slacker's survival rate?

Guest sparkingeyes

Guest predentalguy

well the reason why i think bonus points do make a diff is the fact that there are about 28honours people who got accepted last year...and only like 3 4th years... so i do think they give preference to honours students.

given that uoft and western almost have the same applicants ... who can see that last year almost 30 students got accepted at uoft who didnt have a degreee...

this year i dunno if u guys got that letter when u went to ur interviews that said to indicate that u are graduating... i think if they invested time into making those letters they sure make priority to those students..

cheers

Guest Tonick

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know if the UWO waitlist is ranked and if people on it are told their number?

Guest Aplusdent

What does it exactly mean to be honours? Like graduating with honours since you have high grades? At my school they have an honours program, but it's on top of all your other courses and it's just some extra classes that are kinda meaningless...and it doesn't show up on your degree. But then there's graduating with honours...so which gives you the "bonus" points?

Guest tamkhan1

A 4 year degree leading to Bsc. or B.A with Honours, will get you bonus points. To complete an honours degree, you need to take honours courses, which are usually on a higher level than normal university courses. At some institutions, you can only go for an honours degree; all 3 year degree programs have been removed. I think York, along with one or two other places, is the only one which offers 3 year degrees.

Guest buzz15

on top of the extra courses you generally have to do honours research in the summer on which you will write your honours thesis. Also some schools have oral comprehensive exams of the core courses in your undergrad major and an oral defence of your honours thesis.

Guest Tonick

An honours thesis or specialized honours seminars aren't always necessary to graduate with an honors degree. At the U of T all 4 year degrees are considered HBSc, and I think that applies for most major schools. This applies to the Faculty of Arts and Science at least, but I know engineers that had to do an honours thesis in order to graduate.

Archived