Premed 101 Forums

UT class schedule

Guest hippo55

Guest hippo55

Hi,

I'm just wondering if any current U of T dents student can tell me what the typical day is like in 1st year... ie everyday is it 9 to 5 ???

thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheChosenOneDDS

yeah it's 9-5 sometimes 8-6...wtf who cares man?

honestly just wait for the schedule. From what i remember, first year was either 9-5 sometimes 8:30-4, sometimes you get off at 3 because you dont' go all the way until 5 for anatomy labs. A lot of us ditched it.

First year is great, you can skip every class and get away with it. Just find out which ones you can skip and which one you can't.

Damn u just got into dental school. Just enjoy your summer you stupid keener. Keep this up you'll probably burn out and have a nervous breakdown before the end of first year let alone survive 4 years.

Usually that will happen anyways, most people are keen and excited to start then after a few years just want to graduate and pass and get the hell out.

First year: oh boy i'm so excited i'm gona be a dentist, etc. I want to learn everything because i think everything is important and relevant, it is my career after all...i want to specialize.

Fourth year: F@()#*#@ school! I hate it ! I just want to do the minimum and pass so i can grad and get the F(*@ out.

Ask Hugo, he'll tell u the same.

Guest Hugo69

You don't need to ask me. I agree with thechosenonedds. Dont be a gunner, take it in stride, chill out. You worked hard to get in so enjoy the time in dental school as much as you can.

Guest sweetyork

I think ChosenOneDDS and Hugo69 have forgotten how nerve-racking it is to wait during the summer before your first year in dental school. You want to get as much information about dental school (as well as dentistry) as you can. However, dental students aren't all that easy to spot. So you make a post in this forum for some help only to be bombarded by the harsh and negative comments of some frustrated dental students.

My point here is to cut these “soon to be” dental students some slack and answer their questions in a more positive manner. Remember, one day these people are going to be your peers.

Guest Audio

i'm going to be a dental student this fall and all i care about is hitting the gym and getting big. couldn't give a damn about when class starts. gonna focus on having the best summer of my life!

Guest Aplusdent

Not everyone was born to be easy going and "carefree". Although I'm only applying this summer, I'm already eager to learn anything I can...isn't that what normal people do in any new endeavour they choose for themselves? It would be unwise to buy a house without having a look at it and looking for anything faulty...same with a life-long carreer. In order to have full dedication to what you're doing it's best to find out everything you can so you don't get too overwhelmed or disappointed once the actual event occurs (obviously you can't totally prepare for something you know very little about in actuality). Now with that said, don't go tooo overboard. You don't want to become an obsessive maniac...you'll just drive your friends away and the real world is going to exclude you from the "normal people" population...don't just talk about dentistry (although it's difficult sometimes since you've devoted so much of your time, work, money..etc...). The thing is to have a happy balance. Sure go ahead and learn a ton about Dent...but you'll never learn it all...and don't be surprised when you find that out in Dent school once it comes around. Also learn something new during your last summer between undergrad and dent school...it could be your last chance for a while...go travelling, pick up a new sport or a new hobby, visit some family you haven't seen in a long time, get engaged/married (before the stress comes..lol...), go on vacation with your family (it may be the last opportunity), go sightseeing, explore your city and find out all the cool things about it....the list is endless...don't just devote every living breathing second to dent...or you will go overboard and blow a fuse. But in asking questions on this board I don't think it means you're going overboard, you could be doing all the exciting stuff this summer and just happen to drop by to ask a quick question on the board... one shouldn't judge before one has all the facts..never assume.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

audio, try bsn products, they have a great line.

bsnonline.com if you wanna get big.

I also like isopure and mesotech for meal replacements.

sweet york, i dunno, you have no clue. during my summer before dents i just travelled and got to the gym, slept around etc..

Guest UofT DDS 2010

hippo and sweetyork.....No worries about the comment above by TheChoosenOne DDS. I'm sure when we have gone through dental school, we'll all have productive things to say for pre-dents.

I totally agree w/ what Aplusdent has just said. I will be joining the fall class of next year, although I haven't experienced life as a dental student I've been spending alot of time around the faculty and their students, most are positive people and really fun to talk to. I know we all work hard and its time to relax. Hell I'm partying every other day and drinking away to celebrate. But i certainly don't think any 1 on here is too "stuck up and just keeners" by asking 1 or 2 questions about the career. They're just simply relaxing tehir summer but want some feedback from ppl who have gone through the process. I haven't posted throughout the whole cycle but I've been reading all of TheChoosenOne 's posts and Dam what a Fuc*in% @#%$. Whats up with u dude? do u have a life? why are u alwayas putting others down?. Do u get a rush out of it? .........u always talk like ur cool and all, slacking off and @#%$ but ur proably some little nerd locked inside his room and getting high on making himself look good on pre-dent boards.

DAM man get a life......

As for Hugo, I read his posts, he seems like a laid back guy, but all his posts positive, sometimes funny and also productive as well. He actually comes on to help pre-dent students and not act like an ass wipe like choosenone over there. So thanks Hugo, I know ur from Western, although I choosed to attend UofT, I hope there will be classmate and fellow dent students more like you and not an ass like the other guy.

I hope i never run into u choosenone cause I love to find out who the f*%& u are, if ur around next year, look at the future class and look for some 1 over 6 "5" , come by and say hello, i'd like to see how big and tough u are in real life.

:hat ...........:lol .........

Guest Hugo69

Phew, I thought I was gonna get ripped. Hahha. :rollin

But I assure you, dental school will be a tough time with respect to what kind of @#%$ the school puts you through. Only way you'll survive is to party it up and keep your friends close.

Guest uoft Chemistry

Well said UofT DDS 2010......... Good thing ur in our class, I look forward to meeting u in the Fall. With that sort of height, we could form a dental basketball squad.

BTW, to our 2010 class: Who's interested in having a dentistry BBALL team?.....I wonder if there is already an intram. team at UT?...

I think this is gonna be an awesome class. Cheers to UT DENTS class of 2010. :)

Guest jenleemo

ooohhh! I love bball! Count me in. ;)

chosenone- I hope oral surg will help you to fill those empty hours you have to spend trashing pre-dents on this forum.

Guest uoft Chemistry

no problem hippo, thats what we are here for right?......especially for our own class...;)

guys it will be awesome to get to know u ....

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

haha you heard the bigger they are the harder they fall. even if you are 7 feet tall or 4 feet tall, you think i'll be afraid of you? What can you do to me? honestly? That is so pathetic....

If I was staying at U of T for oral surg, I'd still be your TA and demo and you'd still have to listen to me.

I doubt you will ever run into me, but if you did and truly crossed my path in a violent manner, believe me, your size won't help you. I'd even purposely get beat up by you just so you'd get put behind bars and they further get sued by my lawyers ... and when you're in prison i'm sure you'll have a fun time...perhaps i'll even add an extra cash incentive for people to be your friend too.

Don't try to make threats that you cannot fulfill. I'm going to let dental school humble you. Enjoy Barry Sessle and James Leake haha...I stand by what i SAID TO HIPPO. Perhaps this will make him think twice.

UTdents i'm sure hippo appreciates your act of gesture but you too will realize how much s*(# you will be put through. If you think I'm mean...try to piss off Dr. Holmes he's a small bitter old man, average height i guess, frail and walks with a limp, but go ahead and get tough on him...see what he does

I'm telling you in this manner so you will never forget.

i still stand by my original remark

Guest UofT DDS 2010

darn man,

who said anything about threats?, who said anything about kicking ur ass????? , is that all that goes through ur head?, is that how u feel everyday in that miserable life of urs? constantly threatened by others. Instead of figuring out whats wrong with urself u come on here to take it out on pre-dents so that u can feel big/better inside while u live in La-La land?.........

After reading that posts it clearly shows why this guy is soooo stuck up and bashing pre-dents. U clearly have no life and anything that comes out of ur mouth is either an attack or defense. Friends, Lawyers etc ?????????? com ' on dude give me a break, ur soo full of @#%$ its unbeliveable. U have to run to ur friends (thats assuming u have ANY :lol for help? can't deal w/ ur own problems? always running away like u have, i'm sure u 've gotten enough lumps all ur life so the first thing u think of is "is this person going to kick my ass?) I can't believe uoft graduated a fuc*ing ass like u.

Folks, discard what this ass wipe has said, just ignore his comment. I think the new class (ours and every other UT dents) will bring u a much more positive prospective of what UT Dental students are really like. To my 2010 class, i'm sure we'll rock, and thank GOD this @#%$ is moving out of the building because I'd hate to see the site of this piece of

sh%t .

Anyways, yah UT dents i love basketball, played for OBA for 2 years during highschool so i'm sure i can be of use. So where are u guys all from? , when is everyone doing the CPR thingy?

UT dents 2010

Guest Audio

i'm from Toronto. There's a CPR thing going down like the end of may and the first weekend of june. I feel too lazy to get it done so soon though.

Guest dds0t9

Hi everyone,

I just finished first year at UofT dent, and to be honest, I am very ashamed at the comments made by such a clown. I would like to let the class of 1T0 and all other UofT prospects know that 'thechosenonedds' does not represent us whatsoever. lets get some facts straight:

First year was somwhat challenging thanx to anatomy but it should be, afterall we are in a professional program. BUt honestly it was ALOT of fun. My class is one of the funnest group of people that can be, and I am sure your class will be too. I have friends at UBC, UofA, and Dal, and they have all agreed that before they met my class they thought UofT was going to be a bunch of keeners, but after meeting them they couldnt stop raving about how lucky I am to be here. No one will argue that there is goin to be some bad apples, but overall, eveything works itself out.

ps. for 1T0, u guys are going to have an amazing O-week and cant wait to see u guys on the basketball, soccer, and hockey teams! and also, dont bother doing ur CPR course now, you will get a FREE one from CDA in first week of class!

Cheers!

Guest TheRetardedOneDDS

Thechosenonedds has been an annoying hemorrhoid on this board for over a year now. Every once in a while he comes out and shows his true colors: An annoying, socially retarded attention whore. I can assure you the majority of his classmates are glad to never have to see this douchebag again.

Glad to have UofT DDS 2010 and dds0t9 on the board. I'm sure pre-dents will go to you for reliable info about U of T from now on.

Guest Audio

when do you guys think we'll get a package from UofT. I still can't believe my acceptance even though they've dposited my 2Gs lol

Guest NobodyYouKnowDDS

I'm about to enter 3rd year at u of T dents. I can tell you that the chosenone is right about a lot of things and that you should filter out some of his arrogance and "hostility" to get his message. Therefore, I do not agree with his method by which he presents himself, i personally would use more tact but I am not here to judge. Normally I would not post but I don't want to see the fighting among our own and this forum is a mess. I have sent The Chosen One a PM, let me handle it.

To my fellow upcoming first years and dds0t9, perhaps it is better to set a good example of how to act than to condemn, especially when it is one of your own. I think people would appreciate it more rather than to see fighting...at least I hope.

Audio: You will receive a package in July or so. It will give you a list of all the books you need (i recommend buying them after your classes start because you don't need all of them or can get them off your upper year peers). It will also give you a schedule of your classes (I hope this address' Hippo's concern). It is not a bad idea however, to purchase the anatomy and biomaterials textbooks, as those are the ones I bought in first year. Restorative is the other text you may need although I never used it.

hope this helps.

Guest UofT DDS 2010

dds0t9 and TheRetardedOneDDS thanx guys, u two truly show pre-dents what UofT dental students are like. I'm very glad to have u guys at the school , I know us first years will benefit an ample from your experiences. Its good to know that the majority of the people at the school is how I pictured. Can't wait till we get there, I'm sure it will be a blast.

I was just wondering does UT dents already have an intram. team at the AC already?

To: jenleemo and uoft chemistry: its going to be awesome running the courts w/ u boys. See u there.

UT dents

Guest uoft Chemistry

I would like to second what UofT DDS 2010 just said. I myself am certainly glad dds0t9 and TheRetardedOneDDS are at the school as well. I'm sure any 1 who reads this board gets a good indication that most people from UT dental school are fun people.

UT DDS 2010: Yah those runs will be fun. :D

Me

Guest jenleemo

chosenone- you are sooo hurting. Just back down- give up fronting that you're such a "bad ass". A few of your posts, when you're actually being a nice guy, are actually quite helpful- why the attitude now?

hey dds0t9, thanks for the heads up on the free CPR course- it's kinda frustrating being oop (BC!) and feeling out of the loop since no info has been sent yet. But hey, that's what these friendly forums are for!!!! ;)

UofT Chem, UoF T 2010, hippo, Audio- It's gonna be a great class- can't wait to meet you all in at the end of Aug!

(BTW: I'm a girl not a boy!)

Guest UofT DDS 2010

hey jenleemo,

that even makes things that much better..;) ..hehehe...lol..can't wait to meet you.

UofT Chem, hippo, Audio - don't u boys agree???? dam this class is going to be fun...

Yah thanx for the heads up CPR course i was actually going to register for another 1 in a months time....

Archived