Premed 101 Forums

Rock The DAT

Guest RockTheDAT

Guest Bigheadbebe

You need to learn better language too. Anyway, I have enough, if you want to keep going, just keep writing bad thing about the DAT Tutor group... I don't really care.

It is just unfortunate to have someone like you using this forum to badmouth the others like this. I will rather trust a real dentist than someone like you. :b

Guest Bigheadbebe

So looks like you quickly change the website in the last 5min or so... to avoid the DAT Trainer identity being revealed to the public eh? I think it is just like a joke. Thanks sensodyne for pointing out the important fact of DAT Trainer identity!!!

OK, take care all. Bye.

Guest sensodyne
Thanks sensodyne for pointing out the important fact of DAT Trainer identity!!!

what are you talking about man? Who are you anyways?

Guest RockTheDAT

I started this thread to introduce our website; look what it did... oh my...

In any case, I responded to BigHeadBebe's post in a different thread, but I thought I'd copy it here. Take care everyone!

--------------------------------

Hi BigHeadBebe,

This is Calvin from the U of A DDS Class of 2009; also the project manager of ROCK THE DAT.

I'm not even sure if I should reply to this thread b/c you are referring to an entity called "Rock the Tutor". In case you mean "ROCK THE DAT", I just have a few comments.

From your posts, there seems to be a couple of misunderstandings about who ROCK THE DAT is and our relationship with IQ Publications. If you have any questions about our program, we invite you to contact us directly. Below is clarification of the two misunderstandings that have been raised.

1. IQ Publication and Canadian Dental Test Prep

Although we have a working relationship with IQ Publications, we are not the old Canadian Dental Test Prep company. Our relationship with IQ Publications is to the extent that we distribute their products at the same price as University Bookstores across Canada. Students found these books helpful when preparing for the DAT exam. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we do not push these products. They are there as supplements for anyone who might need them.

2. About ROCK THE DAT

ROCK THE DAT is a fundraiser for the second year dental class at our school. The Class of 2008 (and hence Dent08) ran the project last year. Despite the change in project ownership, the intent is the same - to help aspiring students with the DAT exam hurdle while FUN-draising for our class.

Anyone can visit our class website at: 2009.uofadent.com and see that we’re real people with a sense of fun! We are not some rip off scheme that has been suggested.

Over 150 former and current dental students have taught this course since its establishment in 2000. Every year, the course is continually improved with new ideas, tips, skills, and tricks to help our students.

In the past, our class is offered in Alberta during the fall and winter only. This year, we are taking our program national; with summer sessions in selected cities. We believe that our philosophy and skills can help students across Canada. As such, we have established relationships with dental students in their perspective provinces to become trainers. Besides superior DAT scores, these trainers must take the Train-The-Trainer program to ensure consistency and quality before teaching our students.

On a different note, the Chair of our department has recognized and praised our organization. We also pride ourselves on quality, professionalism and key competencies that have been established over the past 6 years. We expect the same from our competitors.

We trust that this thread was initiated out of some misunderstanding, so please feel free to contact us with further inquiries.

Summer is here. I'm going out to enjoy the sun and hope to learn a bit of cardio and pulmonary anatomy. ;)

Calvin

ROCK THE DAT Project Manager

Email: info@rockthedat.com

http://www.rockthedat.com

Guest Bigheadbebe

For all dental students in UBC, I strongly advise you to disregard the action taken by U of A dental students to invade into UBC campus. First, your Faculty is not supporting this action of having another school's students to use you as their so called "trainers", as you might be contacted by them already. Second, you don't want to get into trouble with colleagues, classmates, or Faculty. Third, if you are keen to help in DAT tutoring, drop the DAT Tutor group a line. They are your local group, and have been in campus for nearly 10 years.

Why are all these UA dental students need to go to different province to get their graduate funding, bragging about their service, and degrading their out of province colleagues? It is just a big joke.

Their link with the former International Test prep is very questionable. I strongly advise all dental students across the nation beware of this. What's behind the curtain?

If these UA students only focus on their own campus, I don't really care, but they are stepping into all our campus territory.

According to their msg, they say their dept support them. I wonder whether it is true esp, if their Dean know that they are trying to exploit other university campus students and environment.

Guest BeEasyy

WTF r u guys babbling about???!! enuf of BS dudes... In the viewpoint of an outsider like myself none of you are credible enuf to spend the money and I would ask a student who already tried the program about its quality, so quit trying to prove ur point and get to some more important craps...

peace

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

dent08 i thought you'd know better than to even waste your time and make yourself look bad by talking nonsense to a guy who is talking nonsense.

everyone knows that this bigheadbebe guy is full ofcrap, but now you made it seem like you're a real jerk too..when all this time u criticize what a jerk i am..

(what are you gonna do? tell me to shut up and that i smoke a lot of pot)

big head bebe, SHUT Up.

Sensodyne, you live in BC going to UBC, i thought you should be used to the Chinese accents by now.:rollin

Guest sensodyne

oh I'm used to a certain level of Asian accents. heck..both my parents are Korean and my fiance is Chinese (and most of her friends are Chinese). But I never said it was his accent that I couldn't understand. Take a look at his posts again man. I can't understand half the things he said. It's nonsense b/c it's incoherent. He can't even put a single intelligent sentence together.

I regret that this will be my last post

Why are you back anyways? Shouldn't you be busy congratulating yourself and telling yourself how brilliant and successful you are. I thought you said you were going to NYC. Then it was Toronto. Now it's Texas? Maybe you are a pot-head after all. That would explain a lot of things. :rollin

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

I did some research, Texas has one of the best schools for oral surg other than Iowa. I got waitlisted for TExas at first, so i thought i didn't have a chance...but i got lucky the girl who got in, got pregnant so i was like ok. The problem with TExas, is that they really like accepting their own state and Americans first. The resident that called me actually told me that him and the other guys were cool with me, but they also liked the girl and since she was from TX, she had to be picked first. Nice guy, although he didn't have to explain to me.

Pot head (there are a lot more pot heads in med, dental etc. than you think or liked to think.), i'm pretty sure some profs are on a lot more than that.

I was going to leave, but since Ian and I had worked out something, I figured I'd stick around and actually help people with what they need and occasionally having some fun. I think i mentioned that somewhere in a previous post. I was merely joking with you on the Chinese accents....If you want to know about Chinese accents talk to IzerkUdie, she has a heavy one...

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

not always the case kelly. Toronto does. Usually though you might have to really know the profs well. It doesn't happen often but it does.

I think I will stay in America. Since I can prob get my green card while I am in my residency. I have family working it out for me. I have been in Canada too long, I think it is time for a change.

The only bad part about TExas is that there aren't that many Jewish people there, so I'm not sure if I want to stay in Texas after I'm done my residency. My mother would like me to continue the Jewish faith and live in a Jewish community.

Guest dentforsure

Bigheadbebe is full of BS...and wth...he grad from UT dent...can't even speak good english...a dentist who doesn't get enuf practice and has to do DAT tutor stuff. Even of that.

Now, what is he complaining about Rock the DAT when he is all over canada as well. Bigheadbebe just admit you are that big head teaching DAT at wood.

Archived