Premed 101 Forums

U of T bankrupt?

Guest sparhawkbeans

Guest sparhawkbeans

I keep on hearing random rumours about the faculty of dentistry at UT going bankrupt or something. Is there any truth to this? How is this possible if UT recieves so much funding? Just wondering before i sign away another 2 Gs.

Guest Dent08

The media loves to over-dramatize. They may not be in the best shape financially, but I don't think dent students need to worry about their school closing down. At least I hope not.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

that's a load of bull.

It's done on purpose to get funding from government.

Think about it, the most funded school in Canada and the richest, their dental school might be losing money but far from bankrupt.

It would never get to the point where it has to close down. The best dental school in Canada, not to mention the only school in Canada with all the specialties. That's just asking for people to go to the USA.

Guest sweetyork

Dean Mock is just playing on the media's over dramatization of a situation, which is common to all dental faculties in Canada, simply for the purpose of getting more government funding. It will be a cold day in h**l before the oldest, biggest and most well-known dental faculty of the country closes before other dental schools. Moreover, once a class is accepted, the faculty will have to wait until that class graduates before closing its doors. They might stop accepting new classes, but they will never leave students hung-to-dry.

Archived