Premed 101 Forums

Casper scores not yet received...

1 hour ago, Marisa said:

Has anyone else noticed that their Casper test scores have not yet been marked as "received" by the University of Alberta on the Application Checklist (despite having sent them through Altus)? Thanks!

Yes, the same thing happened last year. Mine reads the same and my CASPER account shows that scores have been released to the school. Yesterday was the last date they’ve listed for CASPER but I believe there are even still more available dates. The website states that scores need to be received by December 1, 2021 so they are probably just going to update closer to that date. Take a screenshot of the delivered message for your records and perhaps give it another couple weeks. If it hasn’t been updated still, a simple email to the admissions will clear it up. Here is the link for the above info (navigate to Additional Testing):

https://www.ualberta.ca/medicine/programs/md/applying-to-medicine/before-you-apply/application-requirements.html

On 10/20/2021 at 9:16 AM, GreyHairPreMed2.0 said:

Yes, the same thing happened last year. Mine reads the same and my CASPER account shows that scores have been released to the school. Yesterday was the last date they’ve listed for CASPER but I believe there are even still more available dates. The website states that scores need to be received by December 1, 2021 so they are probably just going to update closer to that date. Take a screenshot of the delivered message for your records and perhaps give it another couple weeks. If it hasn’t been updated still, a simple email to the admissions will clear it up. Here is the link for the above info (navigate to Additional Testing):

https://www.ualberta.ca/medicine/programs/md/applying-to-medicine/before-you-apply/application-requirements.html

Thank you so much for your response, super reassuring! :) 

Hi Everyone, 

I'm incredibly worried. I have applied to the University of Alberta Program of Medicine and am having difficulty registering for the CASPER test. When I click on reserve test on https://account.takealtus.com/create-reservation, then CANADA, then 2021-2022 admissions cycle, then program of Medicine, The University of Alberta does not show up as one of the options to select to register for the CASPER test. I'm quite concerned because last year I also applied to the program and wrote the CASPER test on November 19th, so I don't understand why there's no University of Alberta option. Is there no more available dates to write the CASPER!?!? I sent an email to the MDadmissions office and takeatlus support. Any info would be really helpful. 

Thanks
Josh

54 minutes ago, Wilshiire said:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm incredibly worried. I have applied to the University of Alberta Program of Medicine and am having difficulty registering for the CASPER test. When I click on reserve test on https://account.takealtus.com/create-reservation, then CANADA, then 2021-2022 admissions cycle, then program of Medicine, The University of Alberta does not show up as one of the options to select to register for the CASPER test. I'm quite concerned because last year I also applied to the program and wrote the CASPER test on November 19th, so I don't understand why there's no University of Alberta option. Is there no more available dates to write the CASPER!?!? I sent an email to the MDadmissions office and takeatlus support. Any info would be really helpful. 

Thanks
Josh

Hey Josh, I went in the Date and fees sections, its seems that the last date was Oct 19th. I am so sorry... 

Last possible test date available for all selected schools:

Oct 19, 2021 - 5:00 PM EDT

The table below shows all available test dates for your school(s):

NOTE: Only one test is required to apply to all schools listed below.

School & Program Test Dates info.svg Distribution Deadline info.svg ID Requirements info.svg Admissions Cycle Altus Suite

University of Alberta, Undergraduate Medicine

Please make sure to use the same information (name, email address etc.) as on your program application.

Aug 8, 2021 - 1:00 PM EDT
Aug 31, 2021 - 5:00 PM EDT
Sep 23, 2021 - 5:00 PM EDT
Oct 7, 2021 - 5:00 PM EDT
Oct 14, 2021 - 8:00 PM EDT
Oct 19, 2021 - 5:00 PM EDT

Nov 01, 2021

University of Alberta student ID7 digits

2021/2022 Casper