Premed 101 Forums

University of Manitoba..

Guest 2oothfairy

Guest 2oothfairy

Do you know if they are sent out the same week at the UWO one's? I'm getting impatient.. if anyone knows anything about the manitoba stats.. please post.

thanks

Guest uofmpredent

I know they MEET at the end of March to decide who gets interview invites. I wouldn't expect an invitation before April 10th. Dent students I know said they got their interview invites in mid-april.

Guest 2oothfairy

That seems late eh! On the sheet they sent me it writes that the interviews are held at the end of April and if they send out the invites middle of the month that doesnt give much time for preparation and arrangements. I wonder if they have exact dates in place yet.

Guest uofmpredent

I spoke (wrote) too soon. Got my letter today. I am out. DAT cutoff was 18...my score was 17.7. Too bad they don't look at Feb. DATs...I think I did much better on that one. Guess I'll know by the end of the week.

Guest Braces2005

Hi,

Does anyone know if the interviews are conducted under the CDA format?

Would that format be the same for special, regular, and aborginal applicants?

Thanks.

Guest omizu

For special applicants they do NOT use the CDA structured interview. For regular applicants they do.

I'm pretty sure that more than 15 oop are selected for interviews. Last year 5 OOP ACCEPTED spots and 16 people were taken from the waitlist. Unless manitoba residents were turning down acceptances (unlikely) the 16 declines were from OOP people. If I am correct then about 21 OOP were actually offered spots out of the initial 29. Presumably some of the OOP interviewed did not make the cut and were rejected post-interview. If true, then there would have been more than 21 interviewed.

My estimate is that around 30 OOP are granted interviews.

BTW I got my interview invite last week. Good luck to everybody. Why don't we all post our stats to get an idea of how things look this year?

I've posted mine before - they are available in other thread.

Guest uofmpredent

Omizu is correct about the waitlist. Looking at my info I was wrong about OOP invites...or at least I'm not sure. All my info says is that 67 Manitobans applied and there were a total of 76 interviews. So, it is pretty reasonable to suspect 25-30 OOP interviews.

Sorry about that.

Guest 2oothfairy

It's a non-structured interview based on what you wrote in your autobiographical letter. Apparently from there, it is strictly subjective and its basically whether they liked what you had to say or not. For the stats last year, 12 ppl out of 30 who applied got interviews and 3 were admitted into the program for the special applicant category. So, the odds aren't that crazy.

Archived