Premed 101 Forums

Last chance

Guest toothy1985

Guest toothy1985

HI, Now I am really worried because this year the UWO and uft interview invites really had high GPAs and Dat scores.. I mean the double cohort year but these ppl will apply again for the next couple of years, so I think it will only go up from there... now does anyone have anything to say about US dental school? I mean how about Case, NYU (stony brook, columbia, NYU) and buffalo..... do you know anyone who went to us and came back here to practice..

it is extremely depressing and I feel like now i m just waisting time as i am finishign off my third year, I feel like shooting myself... what can i do???//

my GPA is really weird.. around 3.75 during the fall winter terma and C and B an D in summers.

Guest Braces2005

Alright toothy1985,

Relax man.

You have lots of time.

There are people on this forum who are graduated or doing their masters or PhD's before applying to dental school so you have plenty of time. If dentistry is really something you want to do then, you can do it. Your grades are perfectly fine and next year you'll be graduating so you should be getting a lot of interviews. Keep your spirits up and work on your DAT scores if you have to (write it more than once if you have to) and try to get the best grades as possible.

US schools are great. You should apply early to guarantee a spot for next year. I think the application rounds starts in May so start gathering your reference letters and all the stuff you need to apply after you finish your exams. Acceptances start as early as December. Coming back to Canada shouldn't be a problem - just get a good job or set up an amazing practice to pay off the DEBT :D .

There is no doubt that dentistry is competitive but that's reality. Keep building up your resume, enjoy life, and learn.

You're young and you'll realize that the sucky way you feel now will pass only because in the end your dream of dentistry will come true. Be positive and work hard man.

Be patient.

:)

Guest toothy1985

Braces2005, that is the sweetest message ever! Honestly, you are amazing! and I feel so much better reading it, its ppl like you who take the time to make other ppl feel better and its always ppl like u who get the best in life cuz they give the best in life to others- in every aspect of life.

thanks a lot and I will work hard to make this dream come true!

lots of friendly hugs for your wonderful comment!:)

Guest kellyl20

If you want to go to NYU, you will surely be accepted.

Your marks are good and they are really interested in your $$$. My neighbour who is a dentist, his son went to NYU and is now back practicing with his dad and somewhere else part time. Rent is very expensive, comparatively. Boston is another good bet for you.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

they don't look at ur marks from this year...... if you got an interview you got it because u had good marks going into this year.

only marks that are important for this year is to make sure you meet a min of like 2.7 (B- average) if you get in.

Archived