Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta 2022 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2026

HMstafa

4 hours ago, MarsK said:

Congratulations!!!!! @batryelog@Procrastinator100

@JulLyd Does anyone know what to do next, such as when and how to register for classes?

Thanks! And congrats to you too! I got an email yesterday telling me I could register for classes and instructions on how to do it. So once you've paid your deposit you should get that same email within a few days I'd imagine. But basically you just login to BearTracks to enroll in classes. I used the program description on the UofA website to find out which classes I needed to sign up for. Here's the link https://calendar.ualberta.ca/preview_program.php?catoid=34&poid=38931&returnto=10273 Hope that helps!

On 6/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, TanzzG said:

Congratulations!!! :) @batryelog  @Procrastinator100

I know its a bit early to ask this but does anyone know how many seats are filled already? or is there any way to check? 

You can either ask someone who is attempting to register into the classes currently to see how many spots there are left in the class or you can reach out to Anjela and she may be able to provide more information on how many spots are remaining (though you might have to wait a bit for a response).

On 6/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, MarsK said:

Congratulations!!!!! @batryelog@Procrastinator100

@JulLyd Does anyone know what to do next, such as when and how to register for classes?

Thanks! I got the email to register for classes and my enrollment date had passed so I enrolled in classes based on the program plan on the pharmD website. That said, Anjela said they will be sending a program plan/next steps email in the coming days. 

Looking forward to meeting you all and best of luck!

Hey guys! Late to the thread this year but I’m a current student in the program, heading into my final year. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting for offers and congrats to everyone that’s has received one! If anyone has any questions about the program itself, don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any of the other current students in the thread :) Can’t wait to see you guys this fall!

On 6/28/2022 at 6:51 PM, KR99 said:

Hey guys! Late to the thread this year but I’m a current student in the program, heading into my final year. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting for offers and congrats to everyone that’s has received one! If anyone has any questions about the program itself, don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any of the other current students in the thread :) Can’t wait to see you guys this fall!

Hi, I applied to U of M (IP) and U of A (OP) pharmD programs and I got into both. I'm still not sure which program I'll attend, but I would love to hear your experience at UofA and how the program is (if it's really better than UofM lmao). Also, I'm worried about living costs and what being an OP student is like. If anyone has any advice/experience please let me know :)

Also, discord link would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8 hours ago, NB12345 said:

Can someone put the discord link again its expiring. Congratulations to everyone who got in. cant wait to see ya’ll in September. Also for the rest. Sit tight you’ll get it too, there is still plenty of time

Anyone trying to register for the program know how many spots are left?

Hi! I was accepted into the program a couple of weeks ago and have been on the hunt for a room to rent in Edmonton. I came across this forum and thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone here is looking for a roommate or knows someone that is in need of a roommate. Preferably female roommates and close to campus! Thanks! 

16 hours ago, Mike123416 said:

With there only being a handful of spots left, good luck to everyone still waiting on an admission offer

Since 130 spots have been filled does that mean the program is full? I know that there's still spots remaining in classes but not sure how that works as typically they only admit 130 students. I also haven't received any sort of rejection yet so I'm a bit hopeful still...

4 hours ago, Scept373737 said:

Since 130 spots have been filled does that mean the program is full? I know that there's still spots remaining in classes but not sure how that works as typically they only admit 130 students. I also haven't received any sort of rejection yet so I'm a bit hopeful still...

same!!! still waiting on an update and going crazy while waiting. I heard sometimes they do accept more then 130. but I just need to know now haha :(

Hi Everyone, 

First and foremost, congratulations to everyone who's been accepted into the 2022 Ualberta PharmD program so far! 

My name is Choi, and I'm a 2017 graduate, and am one of the co-owners of a large-scale specialty pharmacy in Edmonton. I wanted to reach out as I recognize many of you may be relocating to Alberta to attend the program. I currently have a reasonably-sized house located in an upscale neighborhood in West Edmonton, and would be open to renting out part of my house as I don't utilize most of it, and am not home by far the majority of the time.

Here’s a quick summary for those who may be interested:

• Private unfurnished guest suite or renovated basement suite (flexible) - each with private bathroom 
  • Neighbourhood (Granville) is upscale and has everything you need within walking-distance - Costco, Safeway, Tim Horton’s/Starbucks, GoodLife, medical clinics, pharmacies, walking-trails, etc. 
  • 50-minute commute to UofA via public transportation / 20-minute drive
  • Pet-friendly (note: I have a dog) 
  • Hired housekeepers/cleaners that service my home every 2 weeks
  • Parking (garage/street)
  • Large backyard with deck 
  • WIFI 
  • Washer/dryer (shared) 
  • Kitchen (shared)

Other things we can discuss would include:

• Employment opportunities
  • Mentorship opportunities with myself (informal)

You can find out more about me here

I’m specifically looking for someone honest, responsible, quiet, accountable, clean, professional, etc. 

I won’t be active at all on the forums, but you can shoot me an email if you’re interested in learning more, and we can do a Zoom call to see if this is the right fit for the both of us and do a video tour. 

As well, for those who aren’t successful in getting in this year, you may also reach out as well for mentorship opportunities to work with me - I have a strong track record (almost 100%) in successfully coaching students through the application process to get admitted into the program.

You can reach me at choi@orbishealth.ca