Premed 101 Forums

short interview

Guest wishywish82

Guest wishywish82

What do you guys think about a short interview??

I got through all 7 of my questions in 15 mins. No major stumbles, didn't have to fish around for answers.

After the interview he said I didn't go into excess detail with my answers but was able to answer the questions and I didn't take along time to come up with answers.

I'm just hoping I didn't appear too chipper & dull.

Guest Dent08

As long as your answers were detailed enough to give them what they were looking for.

They have a list of things they want to hear in your answer. You need to provide them with a reasonable amount of detail to successfully discuss the question. 15 mins is rather short, but if you managed to give them what they were looking for, it should be fine.

Guest wishywish82

They seemed to be fine with my answers, nodding a lot and saying "good" after my responses. I found if they wanted more detail they asked me additional prompting questions for the answers. I just wish I could of left with a written score.

I guess I'll find out in a few months :rolleyes

Guest Dent08

Being prompted is their way of telling your answer was not detailed enough to touch on all the aspects they were looking for. Its like them saying "c'mon ... you're going to have to give us more than that!"

You will not be prompted every time you miss something.

Guest uoft2005

short interview means two things.

Either you hit every point they were looking for, or you basically gave brief answers.

i personally don't think short interviews are to your advantage but i guess this is purely up to the panel.

at least it's over bro.. just relax and wait for the result

Archived