Premed 101 Forums

UTM or York for undergrad

Guest tmacgirl

Guest tmacgirl

I have been hearing so many rumors about UofT that my mind has become clouded. Like everyone here I want to attend Medical School after undergrad, yet at the same time I understand that four years is a long time away and I can change my mind. I have been accepted into all the schools that I have chosen but I have cut the list down to two York and UTM.

York- I hear that its the school that won't kill my dreams, but personally I'm not sure. I already accepted it but am thinking of declining my offer. I really don't know if it was the rumors that it will take less work to get an A.

UTM-I actually like UofT and UTM so much, but the rumors of the competition is really scaring me away. I was never the best student in my class, but I always tend to get an okay mark due to alot of hard work. I'm just scared that the rumors are true and that its a dream crusher school.

I really don't know what to believe and since most of my rumors are coming from people who never attended either of the two. I really need help.

Edit-for a better title

Guest Nitay

I went to UTM and did just fine. Got into med school this year too, and I know several friends who did as well! I really think that any school you go to has the ability of making/breaking you, it just depends on how much you are willing to put in. As for UTM being a "dream crusher" it wasn't in my experience, but I have no way of comparing it to York. Hope that helped tho!

Archived