Premed 101 Forums

McGill Interviews

Guest gettingin

Guest gettingin

Excited I got an interview...not so excited about the very little notice. $700 later I have a flight to Montreal in a week. This is going to be one very expensive year.

I've heard that their interview is based mostly on the autobiography letter that we submitted, anyone hear otherwise?

Guest johnwoo19

Hey, first off, congrats on your interview! Consider the $700 an investment towards your dental education =)

As for the interview, I am not sure whether McGill uses the CDA format, but I've heard that there are a LOT of questions regarding your personal statement. They will also likely ask you a few situational questions. I think questions such as "why dentistry", may serve as icebreakers.

Best of luck!

Guest blingbling

Congradulations!

May I ask how you received notice of the interview? They received the DAT info this week, so I'm curious how they notified you of the interview.

Congradulations gettingin, are you going to the dental student society's meeting the night before. If you are I may be going too, so we'll meet.

Good luck on the interview.

Just hope I can be myself and relax my nerves.

Guest blingbling

It all seems so early to me, because my DAT scores only came online on the 17th. In fact, McGill replied to my email regarding them today with:

Hello,

We only received the DAT scores last week at the documentation centre.

Pleease give it some time to get these scores uploaded in our system

... so how are they already sending out interview emails. *sigh*

Guest Kevthedent

johnwoo19:

ya, i applied to mcgill, UT and UBC

UBC is my first choice since it's close to home.

so far i haven't heard anything from UT... its probaly beacuase my gpa is not good enough.

wut about u? :)

blingbling:

they received my DAT score on the 17th and sent me an interview mail around 8:00 (pacific time) on the same day. I think once they updated ur score they will mail u the results immediatedly. Goodluck

Guest blingbling

Ok,

My scores have gone up for two days now, and it reads "Ready for Review" under my page, but no emails rejecting/accepting me.

I'm sort of excluded because I'm in Pharmacy already, but I was hoping they'd at least grant me an interview. Does anyone know if they send out rejection emails so I can put this behind me?

Blingbling,

I feel your pain...Ive also been waiting to hear either way. I called McGill last week to ask what was going on...According to their admissions department they are sending out interview invites via email, and its all staggered. They will continue sending out invites until the middle of this week. At that point they will not be sending out rejections right away, in case they have to go through another round of interviews. By the way, this info is just for out-of-province applicants..dont know what the story is for in province.

Guest blingbling

Thanks OhB1, you saved me a phone call to McGill. Odd that they would stagger their emails, and just cruel that they hold out on the rejection letters.

johnwoo, uoft.

Guest montana83

bling...u can check whether they've received ur scores online?? how? ive gone to the application summary page and it doesnt say anything new for me

Archived