Che

m:16

Reading: 19

Perceptual:12

Carving 5 (THATS GOTTA BE THE LOWEST)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bio and chem and preception are below average scores. The carving score is the lowest anyone got (according to the scale score sheet).

Reading is right on average.

Even for american schools that cutting to close. Sadly, you looking at a Feb date with DAT.

My dad called me and told me my scores. I fcked up carving man. @#%$.

Carving 11

Perceptual 19

Bio 24

Reading 22

Chem 20

That's a total of 96...craperific

Do I have still have a shot at Western? If only I'd actually done some carving practice :( I could be sitting with some good scores. Oh well, I won't retake.

This is what I'm looking at... GPA above 85%, and DAT as above. I know I should get an interview but damn, that's cutting it close! Last year's average was like a 98 or 99...dang, this year will be higher.

BUT, I know someone who got in last year with I think a 95 so I guess it's possible.

Any comments? Good luck everyone.

I think with your marks + DAT, you in for an interview at UofT for sure. Remember they dont take carving into consideration. Everything else looks fine to me.

I think you will get a western interview too...not sure what their criteria is..but you are pretty close to it. obviously the carving will hurt.

Guest wishywish82

you guys are so lucky you got your scores, I'm in NB and my scores are in Halifax :(

how did you feel after leaving the exam? expecially with the carving did you think you had it nailed before you left or what?

I got a 30 in carving. And tell you the truth, I thought I would fail. I basically had all the required things done. but it wasnt my best work. I think either they lost mine (and gave me a made up mark) OR they mixed up mine with someone else. lol. But seriously, I guess carving those 20-25 soaps really does help.

BTW Med Dream, I live @ suburbs of Toronto

Just got my scores. Have applied to western and toronto. I was thinking of american schools, but, too expensive for me.

Ya, I could not believe my 30 either. i really had to look long and hard at it before it sank in.

Guest shesallDAT

I'm in Vancouver, just got my scores:

Reading: 25

Biology: 24

Chemistry: 30 (holy @#%$)

Perception: 21

Carving: 15 (ouch)

I've applied to Western, Alberta, and Manitoba. What do you think is my best bet? Western? My GPA is also very high (in the 90's).

Guest Adversary

As long as the scores are above 20 you are fine. I know people with lower scores than you guys on certain sections. Keep in mind, it's about the whole package. Your GPA, your DAT score, Essay (for some schools), etc. Finally, it's also about the interview. Research into how each school divides up the value of each of these components to determine your eligibility and make sure you apply to the ones that provide you with the most advantage.

Merry Christmas!

yeah, except me >: Damn carving. On a positive note, I tied for 3rd in Canada for my bio section...not bad, not bad at all:) Oh well, I guess I've still got a shot at Western. My GPA is a little too low for UofT.

Has anyone ever gotten in with a GPA as low as mine to UofT (3.73 OMSAS). And AA 22, PA 19 on the DAT? I would imagine it's very rare. My friend got rejected last year with similar DAT scores and a 3.78 GPA :(

Archived