Premed 101 Forums

Hi! I know there are other discussions currently up but I couldn't find any specific for McGill OT QY applicants. Has anyone who applied to the McGill OT QY program heard back yet, gotten accepted/ offer to nominate or waitlisted? I thought we would hear back by now (end of April- due to friends in previous years hearing back in April) but I still haven't received anything in my email. 

I also saw that McGill PT QY candidates have started to hear back last Wednesday, April 27th and have started to hear back about being waitlisted on Thursday, April 28th but still no news on McGill OT QY has started sending out any news to candidates 

10 hours ago, S_OT said:

Congratulations @mcgillQY!! Will you be accepting OT or waiting to be accepted to PT?

I just heard back today too from McGill OT QY and also got accepted. Good luck to everyone else who applied and is waiting to hear back! 

Congrats!! PT was my first choice so I think I'm going to wait, but if I don't hear back by the deadline I'll be accepting OT

Thank you so much! My cGPA was pretty low, it was 3.46. I've applied multiple times to the McGill OT program. Last time I was waitlisted then rejected. This time I made my experience more tailored to the OT program in my video and worked with clinical populations, I also did very poorly on the CASPers last time (barely answered any of the questions). This time I got in the 4th quartile. Good luck! I hope you hear back soon and get in!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:19 AM, OTgirl12 said:

Does anyone have any idea of what the OT qualifying year schedule is like for fall and winter?

In the offer to nominate e-mail it mentioned: 

Typically, the course load for the QY program is as follows: Fall: OCC1 545 (8 credits), OCC1 550 (3 credits), POTH563 (3 credits), IPEA 500 (0 credits), OCC1 500 D1 (0 credits). Winter: OCC1 551 (3 credits), OCC1 547 (6 credits), OCC1 548 (3 credits), OCC1 549 (4 credits), IPEA 501 (0 credits), OCC1 500 D2 (0 credits).